Im new hear and everyone here seems prety cool

they actually dont build things like they used to!

im currently pretty obsessed with the sansui TU-666 tuners. Those are really amazing. soo much of what is currently made is just really crappy o really expensive and probably still crappy.

Im new hear and everyone here seems prety cool

Some of us are cooler than others. Spartanmanor is alot cooler than I could ever be, but I've got EricClark beat in that category.:D

Welcome to Ak!

WTF are you talking about I'm a big doofus :stupid:

i think that im probably a doofus

just check out my name bicycletric, it was supposed to be bicycletricycle but it got cut short and now it makes no sense.

The aesthetics of equipment is becoming more important to me than it ever has in the past. I think I have pretty much hit the limit that I can afford in terms of sound quality but I find myself constantly looking at posts of other people's setups. The ones I find most interesting are usually fairly simple setups with lots of well polished wood cabinets. A recent post from one of the AK vendors had me briefly thinking about selling all of my equipment and buying this setup:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=141455

I have never even heard it but it looks so incredibly simple and yet brilliantly designed.

There are also some very interesting designs from the 1970s. Look at some of the Tandberg receivers from Norway.

Mike O

your right

that is a nice little SET setup. probably doesnt have much low end but its must be nice to have such a small setup

When you're checking out gear, are you looking at the outside or the inside? ...or both?

I really love the look of 70's Yamaha gear... both inside and out. :D One feature I find kind of unique is how they pass controls off to the board - lots of mechanical linkages, instead of a lot of circuits being routed to the control locations.

Back
Top Bottom