I'm new.

yo. I'm new here.

...is it penut butter jelly time? :banana:

sure pull up a chair and enjoy it with some interesting reading of threads.:yes:welcome to ak and please tell us more about yourself such as you interests what gear you run etc.

chris

AAAhhhhhhh... a shy one. :yes: C'mon, promp3 - tell us about your gear at least! :music: New, old, found, bought, seeking... we want to hear about it!! :banana:

yo. I'm new here.

...is it penut butter jelly time? :banana:

No to pbj time (10 post minimum...). Yes to cool dancing banana. :D

WELCOME TO AK! Stick around. Lurk - but not for long. It's more fun (and interesting) to post. Like the others said - or asked - what's in your system? What music do you rock/relax to? :scratch2:

well I am all about digital suround sound for movies and video games. I have a sony str-dg510 reciver running digital and optical cable. with little cheap RCA speakers, I soldered new nice wire in complete over kill gauge and it made a huge diffrence. The wires they origanally had were just long twist ties and humed like a barbor shop quartet. and yamaha 10''powerd sub. Its all cheap equipment from bust buy, but I could not be more satisfied with the sound I am getting from it. Its in a small room with and crazy ceilling, think half single storie above the tv and half open two storie with a slant from the angle of the roof the seating position is right in the middle of the room, I am thinking that it helps with acustics better than just a full single storie room.
For my eyes I have a lg lcdhdtv, lg hdmi dvd player, xbox360. hd cable service but I'm thinking about getting direct tv if its going to give better picture on the non hd channels and more hd channels, lcd tv's don't like non-hd. I just go all this set up a couple weeks ago and finally got it all balanced out to how I like it a couple days ago. Ithink with the tv every thing came to somthing like 1,300 considering that people pay double that for just one component, Id say I have a very buget system with out bieng totally knock-off.

I also have my dads left over mac mc-2105 amp in really good shape with the wood box except it dosent work (I posted about it in the mcintosh forum and a bunch of moving magnet record stuff witch is the real reason I joined this forum is to see how much this stuff is worth and possably sell it. I am not new to vbulletin forums. I have thousands of posts on a car forum just like this. This seems like a very friendly place, and I am all about learning and there is nothing quite like a forum for self education.

well I am all about digital suround sound for movies and video games. I have a sony str-dg510 reciver running digital and optical cable. with little cheap RCA speakers, I soldered new nice wire in complete over kill gauge and it made a huge diffrence. The wires they origanally had were just long twist ties and humed like a barbor shop quartet. and yamaha 10''powerd sub. Its all cheap equipment from bust buy, but I could not be more satisfied with the sound I am getting from it...

...I also have my dads left over mac mc-2105 amp in really good shape with the wood box except it dosent work (I posted about it in the mcintosh forum and a bunch of moving magnet record stuff witch is the real reason I joined this forum is to see how much this stuff is worth and possably sell it. I am not new to vbulletin forums. I have thousands of posts on a car forum just like this. This seems like a very friendly place, and I am all about learning and there is nothing quite like a forum for self education.

Personal satisfaction is what it's all about. I figured you were no stranger to forums - you used the introduction area - I never thought of doing that until now :D All that and a McIntosh you say? :thmbsp: For learning about all things audio (and more of course), you came to the right place!

yea, there is alot of people into vintage equipment here, I am just not into listening to music unless I am in the car. plus I don't have a single lp to my name,
Id rather make sombody else happy with this stuff than just have it sit there and not do anything for me.
The mac amp is nice, I rember when it was hooked up and working it sounded very close to new bryston amp and b&k pre-amp that replaced it. I think his new stuff sounds better but his old pre-amp was an ads, the mcintosh and the b&k would probably be just as good as the bryston, that impressive for a late 70's amp.(I think that what year it is)

Thanks for the PBJ time wiki link! Learn something new every day (either that or I lead a rather sheltered life...:scratch2: )

Ice cream and cake, too! This place is getting better all the time! :grnbounce

Back
Top Bottom