In hunt for a large tape cassette deck

sssboa

Hi guys,

I am looking for a large deck so I could put my precious receiver on top of it. If it was quality to boot it would be a bonus. Or are they all same dimensions?
My receiver is around 48 cm wide, 30 cm deep.

How big is the Yamaha CT-1000?
There's one sitting atop a CR-1020 (and under a CA-800) in the photo below.

index.php

look at the 660/670/680 Nak series which come in rack mount (EIA),
you could do a simple rack with a spacer panel that supports the
receiver. that spacer panel is if the receiver's feet is too wide
otherwise not needed nor is the simple rack. check hifiengine
for the NAK dimensions and lift your receiver to measure the distance
between the feet.- do note the depth also.

You could use some spacers to give the receiver some air.

HVAC vibration pads, very cheap and stackable too.

Of course if you're running your receiver hard even that may not be enough to properly ventilate.

Of course if you're running your receiver hard even that may not be enough to properly ventilate.
Thx. I will look for them to extend the clearance.
It's a vintage Yamaha CR-800. It doesn't heat up as much as modern av receivers I had. I think it will be alright. I bought myself Yamaha kx-670 deck. I guess it has a steel bottom plate so actually may be a bit like a radiator. May it? :)

Only 4 of these cost 50% of the deck's worth :(
I think 4 blocks of wood would :) do the job

It's TRUE that you need to be concerned about heating up your receiver. But to answer your question you may look for a JVC KD-95/KD-3030. Same deck but the 3030 is a rack mount. This deck is big enough I think to even fit my Marantz 1090 on top of dude. It's a really big deck. Now it is a two head but mine sounds pretty good with my Marantz/JBL system. I have not had the time yet to record anything yet but I am told the JVC superANRS system makes some nice recordings. Here a picture for perspective. I hope this helps.20181119_130150.jpg

Back
Top Bottom