Inexpensive Amazon Power Cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah right, I am Bezos. No, man, I am just a guy trying to find out if I can find a power cord for not too much money. I’m kind of sorry I asked with all the Snark in this thread.
Sorry I don’t get the bezos reference. Just to be clear, I am not accusing you of anything.

I’m raising a question in general, simply because it popped into my head.

On the topic of power cables, if you are semi serious about dipping your toe, don’t waste your money on those non amazon thingies.

On amazon, search for Pangea cables. The AC 14SE MKll to be exact, in a 1.5 meter length for about 65 bucks. Or go to Audio Advisor and get them there.

I know nothing about cables, true. What do most people spend on there cables and what is the kick back the return? Very serious. I do not like junk but I don't want to throw my tube money or cart money away on something I can not hear or appreciate.
Canton

While I don't have experience with those specific cables I'm running similar inexpensive "audiophile" cables. The difference is very minor compared to what you get with different RCA and speaker cables. Where I saw the biggest difference was with a Bada LB-5500 power conditioner.

I don't know the science of it and don't particularly care. I start off a sceptic on most things and let my ears decide. One thing turned out to be totally pointless was maglev feet on my turntable.

Do they sell matching Romex for behind the wall?
That is what, in my opinion, everyone should ask her/himself before spending lots of money on power cords.
And, besides, if you would think you need a power cable to filter EMI and RFI, then you should maybe consider repairing/replacing your HiFi equipment first.

Just my two cents...

If you just want a pretty look behind the stack of HiFi, I can sure understand that though.

The most affordable audiophile power cable of all time and it still enjoys a cult like following to this day - the "Iron Lung Jellyfish" :biggrin:
Sadly it's online vendor has vanished but they are still manufactured and sold by Quail Electronics for around $10. Extremely rugged, dependable and trusted to pass high current they are the choice of hospital ICU's across the country.

2858452.jpg

The most affordable audiophile power cable of all time and it still enjoys a cult like following to this day - the "Iron Lung Jellyfish" :biggrin:
Sadly it's online vendor has vanished but they are still manufactured and sold by Quail Electronics for around $10. Extremely rugged, dependable and trusted to pass high current they are the choice of hospital ICU's across the country.

2858452.jpg
That looks like one serious, no BS power cord to me. I'd go for those.

Sorry I don’t get the bezos reference. Just to be clear, I am not accusing you of anything.

I’m raising a question in general, simply because it popped into my head.

On the topic of power cables, if you are semi serious about dipping your toe, don’t waste your money on those non amazon thingies.

On amazon, search for Pangea cables. The AC 14SE MKll to be exact, in a 1.5 meter length for about 65 bucks. Or go to Audio Advisor and get them there.
I saw the Pangea ones there also. Good to know.

Jeff Bezos is head of Amazon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Bezos . Sorry, your off the cuff question not related to my OP struck me as snarkiness, which already had invaded the thread. I suppose it IS an interesting question.

That is what, in my opinion, everyone should ask her/himself before spending lots of money on power cords.
And, besides, if you would think you need a power cable to filter EMI and RFI, then you should maybe consider repairing/replacing your HiFi equipment first.

Just my two cents...

If you just want a pretty look behind the stack of HiFi, I can sure understand that though.
My new to me amp, my Music Hall Mambo, 50w per side, Class A, came with a Shanling built cord that looks visually like the one I posted. I bought it used and it had only a stock black vinyl wrapped little cord with it. Just thought I would try to bring it back at least to equivalent to original.

2858452.jpg

Genuine examples are expensive,and like everything else these days,there are fakes everywhere.

Those are extremely good power cords.If you want a real one,you have to purchase it from a reputable and recognized supplier.

Anybody can manufacture a lookalike,right down to the ''green dot''. It is the same game with falsification of UL and CUL certification, where fake stickers or silkscreened logos are applied to uncertified electrical equipment.

My new to me amp, my Music Hall Mambo, 50w per side, Class A, came with a Shanling built cord that looks visually like the one I posted. I bought it used and it had only a stock black vinyl wrapped little cord with it. Just thought I would try to bring it back at least to equivalent to original.
I fully understand that. Nothing wrong with beautifying things :)

I actually just bought a pair of these for my monoblocks. Better than the chintzy 18 awg I was using before, not terribly expensive, and they look nice.

2858452.jpg

We have a bunch of these at the medical center where I work. In fact, there are several hospital grade power cables sitting around unused in various empty rooms. This used to be a full fledged hospital, but the other medical center bought them out, and now only about 50% of the building is being used.

There are several pieces of equipment collecting dust on the unfinished fourth floor. They are preparing to finish it and have a few general practitioners offices up there, and most of the stuff is getting thrown out. I'm gonna see if they'll let me have the power cables...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom