Infinity car audio EMITs

goodolpg

Just an old fart trying to help.
Subscriber
There was a pair on ebay last night, I struggled with buying them but money is tight and bills are plentiful.
Looked to be SEMIT size diaphragms based on visual appearance and housing diameter.
CHEAP BIN with FREE SHIPPING.
I wanted them for the rarity factor mostly. Plus that price was so cheap.
Just wondering if someone here bought them.

Well I didn't, but it would be very cool to have emits in your car. I'd almost be afraid to put them in my truck though, it has to live outside and it gets well below freezing in the winter. I wonder how durable they are?

Huh. I've never seen that particular car audio EMIT before. I've had a pair of second-generation EMIT-Ns for 20 years, but one is damaged and I've been looking for a single replacement for a decade or so. They also made some small EMITs that fit into their coaxial and plate speakers.

Huh. I've never seen that particular car audio EMIT before. I've had a pair of second-generation EMIT-Ns for 20 years, but one is damaged and I've been looking for a single replacement for a decade or so. They also made some small EMITs that fit into their coaxial and plate speakers.

I think I saw a post you made a while back about your EMIT-N's while I was Googling Infinity car audio EMITs last night.
I really wanted to pull the trigger on the ones sold last night, I'm almost embarrassed I didn't feel I could spare $35 right now.
The ones last night and your EMIT-Ns rarely show up for sale.
Made the post here just cuz I think it's there's fairly good chance one of "us" bought them.

I think I saw a post you made a while back about your EMIT-N's while I was Googling Infinity car audio EMITs last night.
I really wanted to pull the trigger on the ones sold last night, I'm almost embarrassed I didn't feel I could spare $35 right now.
The ones last night and your EMIT-Ns rarely show up for sale.

The very few EMIT-Ns that I've seen pop up for sale are almost always the earlier version, rather than the type I have. I think the changes are just cosmetic/mounting differences, they didn't make too many versions of the EMIT diaphragms.

I have a pair of those auto SEMIT's. I bought them years ago, from Crutchfield. I used the SEMIT's, along with a pair of 4.25" Infinity mids, for the front speakers in my Honda Accord. I used 6.5" Kappa 3-way car speakers, for the rears. Those 6.5" speakers were nice too. An IMG woofer, a Polycell dome mid, and another rectangular EMIT tweeter. Tiny EMIT's on those 3-ways. Basically a single set of apertures. Like one half of the SEMIT. The SEMIT's were robustly built, and still work. The rear speakers didn't hold up for long. U.V. exposure killed them pretty quick. I went through 3 different sets of rear speakers, while the original fronts were fine. I eventually sold the Honda, but kept the speakers! :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom