Infinity Crescendo CS 3007 or RS4B

haggy38

Hi guys,

I got some extra money to buy new speakers for my vintage Pioneer rack, I sold my old Boses 701, and looking for a nice-budget-vintage speakers, I got two on my wishlist Crescendo cs 3007 or RS4B, both already re-foamed and in working order.

I listen 70s rock, jazz on vinyl, cassette and RTR. What do you think guys....

Gustavo

Hi,

They look very nice, my budget is $400-500, and I really liked both but I got to choose one, just like to know the difference between them. My Pioneer amp is rated 90W at 8ohm and double at 4ohm, I think it's enough juice for this vintage speakers.Thanks.

Gustavo

Well poor feedback today here......anyway I ended with the RS4B. They have a long journey from States to Colombia, hope they arrived ok.

Gustavo

Good luck, hope it works out well for you.
Having no experience with either of the models you asked about I didn't feel I could give valid advice.
But my gut instinct would have been the RS4B's though many say the Crescendos are nice.
Not sure if either would have been a bad choice.

Thanks,

I'm pretty sure both models are very good, I did my research here and the RS4B has very good opinions, in fact knowing that they were made on the 80s is amazing........ the crescendos looks astonishing as well, but no much information.......

The only downside is the grill cloth, but is pretty easy and cheap to replace. Time will tell.

Gustavo

Thanks, I got to wait till they arrived to Bogotá, in the mean time I'm using these little nice speakers Infinity RS3001, great sound and aesthetics!!

IMG_0654.JPG

Infinity fever anyway!!

Last edited:
So the speakers journey its over.... they're home now in Bogota, they arrived safe and undamaged fortunately. Love the sound clarity on my lps, cassette and reel to reel tape. Only missing the stands, anyone can help with measurements ?

Gustavo

IMG_0211.JPG

Last edited:
Hello and congratulations on your infinitys. I don't have the speakers your talking about but heard they sound great. I know there are people on the forum that will chime in that have them. Really nice looking set up also. Are you saying that your not getting much bass.

Hi,

No, sorry for my poor description, the bass is quiet good, not excessive, just balance with mids and brights, extremely well with jazz, classical and 70s rock.

I meant original the wood stands.

Gustavo

Last edited:
Thanks, that´s a 1973 Nakamichi 700 Tri Tracer cassette deck, The turntable is a Thorens TD 160 MkI, lower left Sony DAT R3000 and lower right Nakamichi 482 cassette deck... Cassettes are back!!

IMG_1143.JPGIMG_1142.JPG

Gustavo

They are beautiful speakers, the build quality is impressive, the sound is amazing, the best money I've invested, very happy with them.

My old Bose 701 had a "better" bass response but the RS4B Emit and mids are incomparable!! The cristal clear sound in voice and instruments.....wow !!!!

Gustavo

Last edited:
My first pair of infinity speakers were RS4b they are Awesome Speakers. You definitely made the right choice the build quality and sound is much better in my opinion. Crossovers are easily repairable. Nice heavy beautiful aesthetics cabinet. The crescendo 3007's are definitely a mass marketed speaker.
I do have the dimensions and pictures for you to build the speaker Stands. Pictures too.........
Ok here you go Width 27.4 cm Height 8 cm Length 24.2 cm Notice that the stand sets back 2 cm from the Front of the speaker and the back is flush. Notice the iinside does have another piece of wood on the inside of the frame. I would make them out of Oak to match the cabinets. I Hope this helps. image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom