HiFiAaron

Hello everyone,
my friend has a pair if Infinity Renaissance 80 speaker for sell, but i cant seem to find any pictures on google that look exactly the same. Here are the pics, I'm curious if these are knock offs or just a different style than most? Any input would be appreciated.
00111aaam.jpg 1981 Chevrolet Monte Carlo-04-05.jpg 205739_102581673162357_123492_n.jpg

Last edited:
nothing is wrong with that inset woofer!!
TAKE IT LOL
p.s. I'm back to italy after 10+years living in florida, before i moved back i buy a pair of second hand infinity kappa 7.2 series II
one thing.... on the delivery to italy the mids breaks, so i add to replace them with a couple of JBL.. it sound the same of the original..

interesting. I'd really like to know why it is inset. I'm not sure it is worth it if they are not the original woofers. If i purchase them ill want them to be as they came new and those woofers run 200+ each. I can't find any others Renaissance series speakers like these.

Those are totally normal REN 80's.
The grills are on, but the fabric material that covered the grill is off.
The Ren's had very 'different' grills, that the speakers protruded into, it was done for sound purposes, according to the literature on them.

Go buy them now, otherwise tell me where in Idaho they are and I'll buy them.
I gots family in N utah, and Idaho, I'm totally serial. go buy them or tell me where, and I'll buy them.

Jazz is 100% correct. The black center section, is the grill frame. But, the grill clothe is missing. They can be recovered. Though, that's minor, because otherwise, those 80s look to be in excellent shape. RUN and get them!!!!!

Ok well i think I'm probably going to go check them out and pick them up if they are working good. I am tight on cash but it sounds like this is a great deal. These retailed for $1199 each back in the 90s

OK, I see what is concerning the OP...that is the grille FRAME (but the cloth is missing), that's why the woofer APPEARS to be recessed.
They look as produced and for $450 you should RUN provided everything works right.

Looks like there's a big pair of Kappas in that room as well?

Curious positioning of the speakers over the heating/air conditioning vents:whip:
Probably didn't do much for the grill covers.

OK, I see what is concerning the OP...that is the grille FRAME (but the cloth is missing), that's why the woofer APPEARS to be recessed.
They look as produced and for $450 you should RUN provided everything works right.

Looks like there's a big pair of Kappas in that room as well?

Ok I'm headed to check these out. Anything i should be ware of?

Wow what an amazing set of speakers. And yes the kappa 8s are for sale he wants 650.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 53
Does this mean you bought the 80's...??? :thumbsup:

Yes, I have the 80s now. i think a cat got the grille, and that is why there is no fabric. No evidence of other damage to the grille. The woofer surround on one of then has a couple small holes, I believe the same mischievous cat is responsible for these. He had dabbed some glue on them to repair them, but it should have been done from the backside not the front. I also don't particularly like the type of glue that was used for the repair either, as it seems to have left a blob rater than smoothing out. you can see this in the pics. Does anybody know where i can find a surround for this that uses the same material as infinity did with these to match the other one? Directly from Infinity maybe? The last thing is the foam under the black square on the back of one of the boxes has also been tore up a little. What purpose does the black square with foam behind it serve? Is there a way to replace the foam? Other than that these speakers are Pretty immaculate, one owner, always properly powered, no scratches nick or dings. I am very pleased with the sound quality. The highs are off the hook, and their is so much definition between instruments. I am very impressed.
IMG_0799.JPG IMG_0800.JPG IMG_0814.JPG

Back
Top Bottom