Interesting ad on good gear or scam?

yurka77

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
there is some nice gear here but no pricing. i emailed a few times trying to get a price on Pionner speakers but the guy keeps sending cryptic messages about I should do my research before getting a price. I sent it my offer but he still insist I do more research and is not saying how much he wants for this stuff. Sounds like a scam ?
https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/ele/6535926562.html

Dunno that it's a scam, but isn't one supposed to list a price? Looks more like highest bidder auction to me.

"KINDLY RESEARCH THE "FAIR" MARKET VALUE PRIOR TO MAKING A REASONABLE OFFER."

In other words, I expect high end of eBay prices on a local sale. If I didn't, I wouldn't scream at you in all caps.

Tell him you did your research and that your best price . He will either ignore you, insult you or maybe take your offer.

"KINDLY RESEARCH THE "FAIR" MARKET VALUE PRIOR TO MAKING A REASONABLE OFFER."

In other words, I expect high end of eBay prices on a local sale. If I didn't, I wouldn't scream at you in all caps.

Yup...it's that old negotiation tactic where the person that comes up with a price first loses. So, he's looking for someone to offer a high number and he will happily accept it. And if not, he will just offer some pathetic excuses...

The ad is gone now... probably flagged by enough ticked off people. That's Karma in action. Act like a turd and turds you shall receive.

Unless of course the speakers sold. In that case, my world view is shaken and I will weep.

Back
Top Bottom