Introduction from Denver

RobertCO

Hi all. Been lurking a long time and wanted to finally do an introduction (and sign up and contribute a little).

Always loved music, that blue glow and the 70s "California" sound. Never had any decent stereo equipment as a kid growing up and I guess now I'm trying to relive the 70s. How old am I? Well, let's just say, I saved up money from washing cars and mowing lawns in '73 to buy "Countdown to Ecstasy" new on vinyl . :) My turntable at the time was a portable orange deal that could fold up and be carried around. Terrible sound but I will never forget that thing.

I've read and learned so much from here, just want to say thanks to all the good folks here.

Here's my current setup, still on a tight budget but sounds like the best <$500 system in history to me :)

Pioneer SX-828 -> A/D/S L710s

Source 1: raspberry PI (inside the 8track) with DAC playing legally ripped CDs in FLAC (44.1/16)
Source 2: just picked up a Dual 1215S with Shure M91E to play the 4 LPs I have :)

some pics

View media item 16869View media item 16870View media item 16871View media item 16872

Welcome Robert from Colorado Springs! BTW, I'm almost jealous of the simplicity of your setup, I remember and miss the day.

Welcome, Cal Man.

Interesting intro with your '70s leaning POV, eh?

Nifty 8 tracker you got there...got 1800 of them if interested.;)

Q

That Pioneer looks familiar. Did you get that at a local shop by chance?

Yes, in fact I did get it at a local shop. Electric City Repair in Westminster. Couldn't be happier with their service and sales, great place. Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom