Ipod Music Downloading Question

2DualsNotEnough

Addicted Member
I hope someone can help here.I have a 30g ipod photo(the generation right before the video).I recently had to erase my c drive on my puter,and start all over,basically.I reinstalled itunes,and of course,it has no music on it yet.How can I transfer my songs from my ipod back into itunes?itunes gives me a message saying that the ipod is synched to a different computer,and would I like to put the songs from this itunes to my ipod.Well,I didnt do that,cause I dont want to lose all my songs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jimmy

I think that there are programs on the net that allow you to do this.....most are free, I think...just google iPod recorvery.

Sometimes its not that easy, does your computer till have itunes on it, after the erase? Alot of times ( which im sure you know) they made it to where you couldnt take your ipod from computer to computer and give everyone songs. What i did was burned my entire library to cd's via acc files, that way if i loose my computers hard drive i still got music, also an externall harddrive helps, i got it backed on that to. You might get lucky and find something... good luck!

You can just copy them off following the instructions in the above referenced article. They've been renamed in a rather cryptic way, but the info is in the tag metadata inside the files. You may want to use MP3TAG's tag to filename function after you copy them to get a consistent file naming convention started.

Back
Top Bottom