Is there a song that makes you emotional?

Yes is don mclean's vincent on account of my father asking for it to be played at his funeral shortly before he passed,it took us a bit by surprise.It's not something i'd put on at home myself but when i hear it on the radio or some place, yeah strong feelings

There are many, many songs that make me emotional. I can't help it, I love music. Almost every pivotal moment in my life is relived during a particular song.

The songs that don't have a specific memory, but instead, cause emotion due to the writing for me are:

Cats in the cradle. -HCC
Don't take the girl -TM
Lightning Crashes - Live
Down in the Willow Garden - EB
Barbara Allen
Long Black Veil

Several for sure, but more recently

Transatlantic - Dancing with Eternal Glory / Whirlwind

There are many, many songs that make me emotional. I can't help it, I love music. Almost every pivotal moment in my life is relived during a particular song.

The songs that don't have a specific memory, but instead, cause emotion due to the writing for me are:

Cats in the cradle. -HCC
Don't take the girl -TM
Lightning Crashes - Live
Down in the Willow Garden - EB
Barbara Allen
Long Black Veil

Long Black Veil...eh ?

Sample a punk cover, if you please

Rush - Entre Nous

It was a song that was important to me during the first years with my wife.

Unfortunately, I discovered too late that there's a word missing that changes the meaning somewhat.

"Spaces in between, leave room for us to grow (apart)"

I often wonder if things could have been different if those spaces hadn't existed.

Last Train Home by Pat Metheny
Still Life Talking
Released 7/7/1987, the very day my Dad took his "last train ride home" which departed at 7:37 pm and he loved steam locomotives.

The Hamster Dance Song

... or maybe Linda Ronstadt, Hasten Down the Wind ...

"Willie McBride" a/k/a "Green Fields Of France." Written by Eric Bogle, performed by a myriad of stars but the version I always think of is by the Clancy Brothers, just heart wrenching. The waste of young men's lives and the futility of war.
"Well I hope you died quick, and I hope you died clean
or Willie McBride, was it slow and obscene."

"Willie McBride" a/k/a "Green Fields Of France." Written by Eric Bogle, performed by a myriad of stars but the version I always think of is by the Clancy Brothers, just heart wrenching. The waste of young men's lives and the futility of war.
"Well I hope you died quick, and I hope you died clean
or Willie McBride, was it slow and obscene."

Liam Clancy singing another great song by Eric Bogle:

Back
Top Bottom