Is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers the best live band ever?

All those bands, all that variety. So there might be a best?
And just how long is the short list? Does "was" count or just "is".

I can relate to your comment on "worse" as I too saw the "Moody Blues" years ago, and compared to the first tour...in their last, they were just going through the motions. I'll bet they had to be doing this twenty or more times within a month's time this time around. They are still one of my favs, though.

As disappointing as their concerts were it never changed how i felt about their albums still love them.

i never saw Micheal Jackson but i bet his concerts were pretty good.

Mavericks live is an awesome show! I've seen them multiple times, and each show was as good as the previous one! :bowdown:

I'll bet that the secret to their success and to the shows holding their own is due in part to their being so eclectic in choice of material.

Trying to pin down their music is like nailing jello to the wall. You can't!

Good example of a band that from 1989 is still developing and taking on new songs. They must also be able to mix well within the group.

Thanks for the share.:thumbsup:

Q

I'd say the "Traveling Wilburys" group are gonna give Petty and crew a run for the money...sadly.

Q

The suggestion that took by surprise the most was Adam Ant. He is a mere glimpse in my memory as a 80's side show act / one hit wonder. I need to do some research.
Wow, no, I can think of about a dozen really good songs.

I take it Petty is Onebean's favorite. Kinda like speakers, amps, receivers................
Yet again there is no wrong.

rolling-stones.svg

Bob Seger is a good show. Nothing flashy but the band is always tight and the crowd into it.
True professionalism for his audience demographic.

Back
Top Bottom