iTunes to Spotify

John James

"Wash your hands!"
Subscriber
I need some help, please.

I started streaming years ago with the legal Napster. I stuck with them through all the name changes until Beats took over. I didn't like the way Beats operated at all and moved all my files to iTunes. I don't like it very much either, so I registered with Spotify. I have tried to import all my files from iTunes to Spotify but it's not working. I have followed Spotify's instructions with no joy. I even included all the iTune files in one hugh playlist. Still no good.

Does anyone know how to do this? I would really hate to have to start all over.

Thanks for your time,

John

1. Are you saying that Spotify cannot find your local media files?

2. Or are you talking about importing favorites and playlists from Apple Music into Spotify?

If number 2 I don't think that is possible yet.

Last edited:
I have never head that Beats took over Napster. I believe you are referring to Rhapsody, but I am not sure how those playlists ( number two above) would end up it iTunes. As +48V mentioned, we need more info.

1. Are you saying that Spotify cannot find your local media files?

2. Or are you talking about importing favorites and playlists from Apple Music into Spotify?

If number 2 I don't think that is possible yet.

You are right, Apple Music as you mentioned in #2.

Any info about when or if it will be possible?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
I have never head that Beats took over Napster. I believe you are referring to Rhapsody, but I am not sure how those playlists ( number two above) would end up it iTunes. As +48V mentioned, we need more info.

+48V was right about Apple Music. For reasons even I don't understand :)confused:) I named the icon on my desktop iTunes. :rolleyes:

You are right about Rhapsody. If I remember correctly it was Napster, Rhapsody, and then Beats. Apple Music did successfully import all of my library from Beats. I hope the folks at Apple Music will make it possible for me to import from Apple Music to Spotify before my three month free trial runs out.

Thanks for taking time to answer.

+48V was right about Apple Music. For reasons even I don't understand :)confused:) I named the icon on my desktop iTunes. :rolleyes:

You are right about Rhapsody. If I remember correctly it was Napster, Rhapsody, and then Beats. Apple Music did successfully import all of my library from Beats. I hope the folks at Apple Music will make it possible for me to import from Apple Music to Spotify before my three month free trial runs out.

Thanks for taking time to answer.
Beats bought MOG, not Rhapsody. Rhapsody (with Napster) is still around.

Back
Top Bottom