I've been deeply touched....my sincere thanks

Kamakiri

The New Dynamic
I was on the phone this morning with Wards talking computer jive, and he mentioned his recent impending purchase wioth BrianB, and I told him, "yep, I bought two pair of interconnects from Brian last week, the package came in, and it's a turntable.....I think I'd better call him and let him know he shipped the wrong thing!"

Wards then tells me, "No, it was no mistake.......that's your turntable."

:eek: :confused: Huh?

He briefly told me that a bunch of the members got together and decided to purchase this Music Hall turntable from BrianB for me as a way of thanking me for the last year of AK, the friendships made, and the comraderie we all share.

Guys, I was moved. I nearly shed tears.

I don't know what else to say.....I'm still struck by this. I would never have thought that I would have been thought of like this, and in a way I don't feel like I'm deserving of this, but I guess what's important is that you do.

I'm not sure who all was involved in this extremely nice and expensive gift, but thank you....from the bottom of my heart. It sure is amazing how many friendships can be made through a piece of wire....damn, I'm going to get choked up again.

All my best to all of you, may you all be blessed as much as I have, with friends, and family alike.

Enjoy buddy - see nice guys don't always finish last. Now go play some classical for the baby. It's good for the brain development.

Well I hope you enjoy it. Now you have an excuse to expand your LP collection!! :D It's been quite a few days for you eh buddy?? New baby, new TT. Life is sweet sometimes. Once I get over the chicken pox I'll be coming to listen to both of them.;)

Take care and say hi to Steph for me. I hope her and Nicholas are both doing well.

Mike

Well as a guy living in an audio wilderness,all I can say
is your finding of this site was a godsend.
I now have people to communicate with that know an amp from a lamp.Thanks Tim!

Alan

I was hoping it wouldn't make you cry. You said you ALMOST shed tears right? You didn't REALLY cry right? Can I borrow your turntable (after you break it in)?

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

Tim

We hope that you enjoy the table as much as we enjoy AK. You really deserve it !:thmbsp:

I knew a bunch of us were donating to buy you a gift but I didn't know we all donated enough to get you a cool new TT!!! That is so awesome! Great job everyone!!! Kam even though you are so touched by the gift I just want you to know you deserve more than any of us can give you for all you have given us in allowing us to have this place to share with each other basically everything that makes life worth living. :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy:

When I was contacted about this little sneaky suprise I was in, in, in!!! It was the least we all could do for having this fun forum to play in. I don't know of any other audio forum as kewl as this one and as a business owner I know it all stems from the top. And that be you bud!!!

Enjoy the hell outta that new toy and thanks! :beerchug:

KAM,
Enjoy all these new additions to your family, this is a great forum, keep up the great work. PayPal made the donation process a snap, I didn't realize enough was collected to get such a nice TT, maybe I better watch for another PM to look for the rest of the bill??
:)

I wasn't part of this sorry to say, but I would like to say thanks for putting this truly outstanding forum together.
The best to you and yours,
Carl

Hi there, Kam:

I was in on this lil' scheme with the others and was waiting for you to receive your surprise package.

I'm glad to hear it has arrived and I hope it will give you many, many hours of listening pleasure. And the keyword here is======> PLEASURE :rockon:

Regards, B/F.

Hi Tim,

Truth be told, you probably deserve an entire SYSTEM for your efforts and contributions here - the MMF-5 turntable is, in fact, the merest token of our tremendous appreciation for AudioKarma!

Happy listening,
Brian
Venus Hi-Fi

Just a way of saying thanks Tim!:D Your efforts sometimes go unnoticed as the Head Honcho. I hope your Steely Dan LPs sound better now;)

edit: Time to start thinking about getting that MFSL copy of "Aja":D

Last edited:
Congrats Kam!
Hey, let us know what you think of the TT. I'm coming into some funds and the mmf-5 is on the top of my list.

Cool

Jeff contacted me about the "gift" but I had no idea what it was. I think they wanted to keep it as much a mystery as possible. Great job in the selection, whoever was involved in the decision. Excellant job Brian, I think you said best what everyone thinks about Tim's efforts. Tim, enjoy the present, you deserve it! As for what kind of members we have, you need to look no further than the concern expressed with the recent circumstances involving Ward and Dave.

MikE

Back
Top Bottom