I've urinated in the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers

Call me old fashioned, but I think that's vulgar.
Even if pressed by necessity to do such, one does not advertise it or take pride in such things.
It is vulgar, but yes, it was necessity, and yes again, I am proud of it and proud to advertise it. :rockon:

I'm surprised that my little "lede" has attracted so much attention. I'm actually rather meek and timid in person. I'm also a writer. :angel:

Thank you all for the very warm welcome. I really wasn't expecting this much of a response. Ya'll're too kind. :beerchug:

Interesting story, welcome. and after pissing in those two rivers you must be blessed my son.:bowdown:

Thanks. You can read a snippet of my experiences here, at The New York Times At War blog. Blessed? Maybe. Thankful? Grateful? Definitely.

Good for you. I hope you include that fact in your resume. Kidding aside, welcome. I am also a 101st ABN veteran, served in Vietnam out of LZ Sally as an infantryman back in 1968 and 1969. Happy Veterans Day to all veterans!

AIR ASSAULT! And, Welcome home. I was a forward observer, so almost the same thing! :music:

I thought I recognized your avatar from instagram, Welcome to AK

Yes, same avatar. But, who are you on IG??? Are we following each other?

I thought this might be Alexander, or Trajan at least.

???

My name is Jason. :rockon:

Now we know why the Persian Gulf smells funny the closer you get to Kuwait and Basra, Iraq. Welcome aboard.

Luke.Kirk is my instagram name with the black and white cat as my avatar and yes we are following one another. I like your pics of audio equipment, stationwagons (because I have had many of them and would not drive anything else lol), various beer, and many other excellent things.

I don't care what sort of 'Veteran' hero you are, unless you were up to your arse in the river taking cover that's a crass move. You couldn't piss elsewhere? Water is a precious resource. Wait....I'll just piss in your kitchen sink.

Luke.Kirk is my instagram name with the black and white cat as my avatar and yes we are following one another. I like your pics of audio equipment, stationwagons (because I have had many of them and would not drive anything else lol), various beer, and many other excellent things.

Sweet!

I don't care what sort of 'Veteran' hero you are, unless you were up to your arse in the river taking cover that's a crass move. You couldn't piss elsewhere? Water is a precious resource. Wait....I'll just piss in your kitchen sink.

Yes, you're right. It was crass. We were soldiers. Soldiers are crass. And you know... when in Rome.

I'm not a hero. Just a regular guy. Less young and slightly less dumb than I used to be.

I've pissed in the Atlantic from both sides, does that give me bragging rights? :D

Welcome to AK!

Lee.

Yes, absolutely. :thumbsup:

Great bit of writing, thanks for the link. Did you write anything else on that blog? And by the way thank you for your service.

Two or three other instances on that blog, including an e-book. Also had a piece in Newsweek few Veterans Day's ago, something in a veterans literary journal, and some non-byline inclusions in Huffington Post and Fox News. And, non-veterans stuff, I used to write/test/review/compare cars for a consumer automotive website under the Motor Trend banner in Los Angeles (really, really miss this).

That's a lot of old stuff. I'm working on an MA in Writing at Johns Hopkins right now. Haven't published in a while, but hoping to change that soon.

typical bait-and-switch. no shopping at your store

No, no bait and switch. Like I said in my introduction, I'm a longtime lurker, just never joined. I'm here for the long haul. When I get some more time, I'm planning to do a write-up on my ESS AMT-1a restoration. Also, the Klipsch social media guy reached out to me, wants me to write a blog for Klipsch re: my Forte I restoration. You can see some of the ESS photos here or you can follow my progress on Instagram where I post more frequently. The ESS' aren't done yet. In fact, I'm still working on wood-filling the rounded corners. They're drying on my deck in the backyard right now. Taking way longer than I wanted. :(

Yes, you're right. It was crass. We were soldiers. Soldiers are crass. And you know... when in Rome.

I'm not a hero. Just a regular guy. Less young and slightly less dumb than I used to be.
Well, I must say that is a much more reasonable answer than I deserved or expected. I will apologise for pissing in your sink. It's just that your thread title comes across as a boast instead of having 'Sorry' as the first word maybe ?

May you continue to get slightly less young and dumb and enjoy your music.

I have been to many places globally (incl. the US) and some holy water places. I have admired, bathed in , and tasted the waters , never have I pissed in any water way. I live with a little creek that is perfectly clear. I like it that way, even if the neighbouring farmer does let his cows in to it.

E.man, get over it. The fish shit in every body of water there is and don’t really care whether someone considers it holy or not.

Welcome from across the river Potomac. You are too young to ever see the local waterway in the 60's. It was a cesspool. We can thank Ladybird Johnson for getting the cleanup started.
Have fun and enjoy the forums.

Nice to have you here! :beerchug:

Edit: I just realized that this thread is a few years old.

Last edited:
I may have one up on you. I took a leak on the largest Cypress in the U.S. Sad to say the tree was killed by a crackhead a few years back by setting a fire in the holes where the old tree was starting to be rotten. The fire caught the rot on fire and burned down the entire tree. What a sin.

BTW, welcome to AK.

Back
Top Bottom