Jack White Boarding House Reach

63pontiacgp

"Tubes Smell Good"
Subscriber
As a fan of The White Stripes and Jack's work this is a big disappointment. Crap pressed into vinyl.

Mike

jack.jpg

I saw that tour this summer and as much as I want to be a Jack White fan I just can't be. His music has become boring and self indulgent and his guitar playing live was noisy and erratic. I'll still listen to his new offerings as they hit Pandora and Spotify but unless he has makes some radical changes to his compositions I doubt I'll be buying any of his records.

Reactions: THD
His first problem from the start was using his girlfriend to pretend to play drums. Yuck. Then the next hurdle is songwriting. As much as I like his approach and ideas about the guitar, you have to have good songs.

Perhaps someone could link some of his good stuff.

A few of the ROIOs w/ White Stripes floating around the ether are effin' great listening. Just jack, Meg, and a HUGE geetar sound. Seven Nation Army, Jolene, and a bunch of other powerful numbers included on those sides, many of which are audience-taper sourced but nonetheless have fine SQ. Some of this material might have made its way to The Utoob place?

I liked him in Cold Mountain, other than that, just no thanks, terrible irratic guitar player with no sense of harmony, when he comes on my XM radio I have to turn the channel.

Meg was a decent drummer, her range was somewhat limited, but she performed flawlessly. And she was / is pretty.

Back
Top Bottom