Jamo C-103 Bookshelves Walnut $123 a pair.

Nothing to be sorry about. Good for you and your receiving what you ordered and paid for. Hope you enjoy the speakers (or do well on reselling them).

So, to start the new year I fired off an email to Amazon's supplier (third party seller) of the Jamo speakers. I was, of course, instructed to contact Amazon, so I replied with a story about my buddy getting his set dropped shipped directly from the vendor. No soap; guy tells me Amazon has them all (if any). So, it looks like the vendor had in mind flushing the pipeline of these units for one reason or another, and it definitely looks like they were successful at running Amazon's inventory down to zero (and beyond). I'm thinking you guys who got a pair or more of these C-103-WVs through this deal lucked into the last of the Mohicans. I'm the kid at Christmas looking at the new sled in the store window from outside in the cold and snow...

So, to start the new year I fired off an email to Amazon's supplier (third party seller) of the Jamo speakers. I was, of course, instructed to contact Amazon, so I replied with a story about my buddy getting his set dropped shipped directly from the vendor. No soap; guy tells me Amazon has them all (if any). So, it looks like the vendor had in mind flushing the pipeline of these units for one reason or another, and it definitely looks like they were successful at running Amazon's inventory down to zero (and beyond). I'm thinking you guys who got a pair or more of these C-103-WVs through this deal lucked into the last of the Mohicans. I'm the kid at Christmas looking at the new sled in the store window from outside in the cold and snow...
So did you start a refund? Or has Amazon given any indication that the product might actually exist somewhere? I'd be on the phone with Amazon like right now getting SOMEONE to confirm or deny that there is a set of speakers SOMEWHERE.

No inventory on hand and none coming from the original vendor. Amazon apologized for putting me in limbo, offered a $15 credit for MP&A (gratefully accepted), and cancelled the order. Fini.

No inventory on hand and none coming from the original vendor. Amazon apologized for putting me in limbo, offered a $15 credit for MP&A (gratefully accepted), and cancelled the order. Fini.
Bummer.

Edit: Another "sale" came up in the last few hours. It of course went OOS immediately. But the fact that they are still running these promos pissed me off enough to fire an email to the seller and express my unhappiness with the way people are being treated. A number of others on a the BudgetAudiophile subreddit have either had to cancel orders, or are still waiting for orders made almost a month ago.

Last edited:
Just to update, a poster on Reddit stated they ordered on Dec 15th and just got their pair yesterday, so it may just be a waiting game. I contacted Amazon about it being a pain in the ass and they gave me a $10 credit just to shut me up.

Well I hope for both our sake ASD ship these promptly. I got a pair of the C109 towers for $400. Gloss white, but I don't care too much.

Well I hope for both our sake ASD ship these promptly. I got a pair of the C109 towers for $400. Gloss white, but I don't care too much.
Didn't see the C109's at that price or I would have grabbed those if black or wood, the white just wouldn't work for me.

Update, my speakers are showing as "shipped", delivery on Wednesday the 14th, fingers crossed.

Funny, I need another set of speakers like I need a hole on the head, absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with these lol.

Indeed. I have no idea what I'm going to do with my 2 C-10's. They work great as MTMs, but I doubt many others will see it that way, and most people aren't looking for a 28" wide 9" high center channel.

Indeed. I have no idea what I'm going to do with my 2 C-10's. They work great as MTMs, but I doubt many others will see it that way, and most people aren't looking for a 28" wide 9" high center channel.
Just wondering how you keep catching these sales, I've been watching for the past two months but only your post alerted me. If you happen to see the C109 come up in wood sure would appreciate another heads up.

I sit on the BudgetAudiophile subreddit all night because I work at a group home and all my charges are asleep. They appear to get alerts from various sites like camelcamelcamel. Believe me, I've missed out on every c103 sale so far, and only got the C10s because nobody really wanted center channels. Those C103s went on sale roughly 4 different times last night with only 10-12 available per sale. Someone would post there were some at sale price and then within 20 minutes they would be gone. Everyone would grumble, then 10 minutes or an hour later someone else would post another sale.

Blame it on AcousticSoundDesign. They seem to be the ones behind this.

I sit on the BudgetAudiophile subreddit all night because I work at a group home and all my charges are asleep. They appear to get alerts from various sites like camelcamelcamel. Believe me, I've missed out on every c103 sale so far, and only got the C10s because nobody really wanted center channels. Those C103s went on sale roughly 4 different times last night with only 10-12 available per sale. Someone would post there were some at sale price and then within 20 minutes they would be gone. Everyone would grumble, then 10 minutes or an hour later someone else would post another sale.

Blame it on AcousticSoundDesign. They seem to be the ones behind this.
I see the C109 for $500, but the ad doesn't make it clear if a single speaker or a pair so haven't placed my order....

Are you positive the C109 you purchased in white for $400 was for a pair?

The sale is over, at least for now That price is for a single. And while still MUCH cheaper than when they debuted 4 years ago, it's nowhere near the sale prices that have popped up. I believe Jamo had them listed at $1600 each when they came out in 2014. I may be wrong on that.

But most of the $500 to $1000 sellers on Amazon are just people who got them cheap like I (hopefully) did, and are flipping them. Although his reviews may be free of measurements, ZeosPantera just gave a glowing review of the C103s about a week ago. Whether you like him or not, he does reach a pretty big YouTube audience. He stated the 103s were easily worth 5-6 hundred a pair. And they did have an MSRP of $800+ for some time. This is probably fueling the current craze for the sales. I hadn't even heard much about Jamo before I bought the C-10's, other than they were a branch of Klipsch. I had assumed they were a budget line until I saw the prices they were going for in the past.

While totally not what most people, including you I am assuming, are looking for, this set of computer speakers from Jamo came out for $999. https://www.amazon.com/Speakers-DS-...s&ie=UTF8&qid=1518233862&sr=1-7&keywords=Jamo

Interesting design anyway.

Closest you can get to a set, if you can stand putting them on their sides like I did MTM style, are the gloss white centers. They had an MSRP of I think $1000, and often sell for 6 or 7 hundred.

https://www.amazon.com/Jamo-C-10-CE...&ie=UTF8&qid=1518233862&sr=1-21&keywords=Jamo

And honestly, it would be VERY hard to match 5 of these for sound if you went for an HT setup. The aesthetics are terrible, but the sound is excellent. $500 would be a steal for the performance.
But they aren't for everyone, I understand that.

Last edited:
The sale is over, at least for now That price is for a single. And while still MUCH cheaper than when they debuted 4 years ago, it's nowhere near the sale prices that have popped up. I believe Jamo had them listed at $1600 each when they came out in 2014. I may be wrong on that.

But most of the $500 to $1000 sellers on Amazon are just people who got them cheap like I (hopefully) did, and are flipping them. Although his reviews may be free of measurements, ZeosPantera just gave a glowing review of the C103s about a week ago. Whether you like him or not, he does reach a pretty big YouTube audience. He stated the 103s were easily worth 5-6 hundred a pair. And they did have an MSRP of $800+ for some time. This is probably fueling the current craze for the sales. I hadn't even heard much about Jamo before I bought the C-10's, other than they were a branch of Klipsch. I had assumed they were a budget line until I saw the prices they were going for in the past.

While totally not what most people, including you I am assuming, are looking for, this set of computer speakers from Jamo came out for $999. https://www.amazon.com/Speakers-DS-...s&ie=UTF8&qid=1518233862&sr=1-7&keywords=Jamo

Interesting design anyway.

Closest you can get to a set, if you can stand putting them on their sides like I did MTM style, are the gloss white centers. They had an MSRP of I think $1000, and often sell for 6 or 7 hundred.

https://www.amazon.com/Jamo-C-10-CE...&ie=UTF8&qid=1518233862&sr=1-21&keywords=Jamo
I've been aware of Jamo for decades, saw my first pair at a customer's house, looked very classy in real wood. But not on the radar and kinda forgot about the brand until this thread.

Really would like to get a pair of the 109's in walnut for the living rm just to see if they are up to replacing my series I Heresys plus subs.

Back
Top Bottom