Jamo C-103 Bookshelves Walnut $123 a pair.

I can GUARANTEE that for as long as you draw breath, you are NOT "done with Amazon." It's like saying you're done with Google or the bay: no, you ain't.

P.S. Sux for sure on the Jamo speaker runaround. I know the drill up close and personal; I've got the $15 Amazon coupon to prove it...

They pay Amazon for store space is all. They can do what ever they want. Amazon can't enforce anything.
Sure they can, obtain the product from another vendor and ship them to me, very simple.

The first option Amazon offers is "would you like to order the product from one of our other vendors (at 4X the price)? They know these sales are bogus, I've contacted "the seller" on a couple of these, one sells wigs and has no clue what I'm talking about, the other toys and hobbies same thing. It's quite possible it's Amazon running the bogus ads. I called them about the hair company and Amazon insisted it was legit, the company says otherwise.

Again, the old bait and switch, "oh so sorry about this, can I get it over here for you while you bend over and take it up the ......."

I can GUARANTEE that for as long as you draw breath, you are NOT "done with Amazon." It's like saying you're done with Google or the bay: no, you ain't.

P.S. Sux for sure on the Jamo speaker runaround. I know the drill up close and personal; I've got the $15 Amazon coupon to prove it...
I really don't buy very much through Amazon, it's almost always available on eBay for less, new with free shipping. At most one or two items / year, and that's most likely being overly generous.

On the C103's I've contacted Acoustic Sound Design, they say Amazon has the speakers, they won't mark them as shipped until Amazon ships them, but again Amazon keeps throwing the vendor under the bus and offering to get them for me at 5X the price.

If I want to do that I can get them on eBay for less, all of the Jamo speakers so why would I need to deal with Amazon?

On the C103's I've contacted Acoustic Sound Design, they say Amazon has the speakers, they won't mark them as shipped until Amazon ships them, but again Amazon keeps throwing the vendor under the bus and offering to get them for me at 5X the price.

If I want to do that I can get them on eBay for less, all of the Jamo speakers so why would I need to deal with Amazon?
ASD also told me Amazon has all their stock bought up and Amazon has them at their warehouses. Amazon has told me that when an item sells they tell the vendor to ship them, and THEN they go to Amazons warehouse. One of the 2 is lying. Either Amazon has them, and they oversell or whatever, and then blame ASD...OR ASD is holding these sales though Amazon and overselling based on whatever reasons, and leaving Amazon holding the bag when sales don't happen.

Either way, it's kind of a bullshit deal because LOTS of people want these speakers. Even more so after Zeos posted the review and stated he though they were totally worth the $800 retail they started out at 4 years ago.

Well, here's an update on the Jamo sales issues. After so many cancelations (nine total, Amazon practically begged me to stop ordering them lol) I started to investigate and discovered the ads were actually bogus. It appears they were highjacked accounts looking to steal identities of unwary buyers.

I've been in touch with Google and it appears this caused the new bogus ads to be pulled down shortly after posting and now seem to have stopped altogether. It was frustrating trying to deal with Amazon concerning this, they kept insisting the sellers were legitimate. Yes the accounts were legitimate, but the ads were not, the sellers had no idea the ads were up. Some were wig shops, toy stores, etc

Google got involved when I notified them the hackers were using Gmail attempting to steal identities, hopefully they were arrested.

Last edited:
With that said, I now have four pair of the high gloss black C103's currently on there way to my house, they shipped out earlier today.

So in this case about the only thing Amazon is guilty of is a lackidazical attitude towards who places the ads, and letting the legitimate ads over sell. Still not too happy with Amazon for ignoring my requests they look into this issue, thankfully Google was a bit more concerned with how their site was being misused.

With that said, I now have four pair of the high gloss black C103's currently on there way to my house, they shipped out earlier today.

So in this case about the only thing Amazon is guilty of is a lackidazical attitude towards who places the ads, and letting the legitimate ads over sell. Still not too happy with Amazon for ignoring my requests they look into this issue, thankfully Google was a bit more concerned with how their site was being misused.

Good for you, G-man. What persistence! My hat's off to you.

I really don't buy very much through Amazon, it's almost always available on eBay for less, new with free shipping. At most one or two items / year, and that's most likely being overly generous.

Plus there's more accountability on eBay in that you can leave meaningful feedback.
I've migrated a lot of my shopping from Amazon to eBay since last year.
Of course neither is perfect, but what is?

Congrats on the Jamos.

Good for you, G-man. What persistence! My hat's off to you.

I don't like being jerked around lol. I was spending a considerable amount of time trying to catch sales ever since this thread was started back in December. The first one was February lol, the speakers I'm currently listening to.

The next was March, but they were canceled, apparently over sold #^/&*$#% ¥€. The next 8 were all bogus ads for the C109's, the last three or four knowing they were bogus, I was just trying to get Amazon's attention lol. Calling wasn't working, they just didn't care. I really wanted those C109's in walnut and it was really pissing me off I was getting jerked around, especially when I thought it was Amazon doing it. And these weren't $199 each, they were $500 each so I was laying out a cool grand.

So ya I was persistent, like a junk yard dog lol.

Last edited:
Plus there's more accountability on eBay in that you can leave meaningful feedback.
I've migrated a lot of my shopping from Amazon to eBay since last year.
Of course neither is perfect, but what is?

Congrats on the Jamos.
Well, I've found when I see something on Amazon I can usually find it for less, new, free shipping, on eBay, so why spend more? Plus, dealing more directly with the actual seller they seem more interested in making the buyer happy, it's not all scripted responses.

I guess it's my age showing but I find it funny that most of the owner reviews of the C103 mention it's size as HUGE and warning would be buyers to be aware, so far as to suggest they should be referred to as floor speakers lol.

Last edited:
Back to their SQ, I'm really becoming a fan, now fully broken in I find little these do wrong. A very rich tonal quality that belies their small size, most wouldn't need a subwoofer for dedicated music listening at sane levels. Tried them with the grills in place, will need these when the grandchildren visit, they were quickly removed. Asthetiqually they suck, sonically just as bad, they suck the life out of the music, I consider them protective covers only. These are definitely worth a listen if considering something in their size range.

Well, after all the hullabaloo (I don't think I've ever used that word before, my mom would be proud) with Amazon my speakers have finally arrived. These should make great Christmas and birthday gifts, I like getting my shopping done early heh heh.

Now if they'll just run a sale on the black or mahogany C-109's I'll have my bday present lol.
152199549496854429789.jpg

Congrats, my friend! You richly deserve the deal you got after everything you had to do just to get the goods. Color me impressed.

Well, I've found when I see something on Amazon I can usually find it for less, new, free shipping, on eBay, so why spend more? Plus, dealing more directly with the actual seller they seem more interested in making the buyer happy, it's not all scripted responses.

I used to purchase a decent amount of stuff on Amazon and then noticed the same thing about eBay. I still use Amazon to locate things that I want and then price shop but 95% of the time eBay has it for a good few dollars cheaper and it's very rare that you'll have an issue actually getting what you bought.

Good on you for making Amazon cough up the goods though, ha.

Good on you for making Amazon cough up the goods though, ha.

Well, I wish that was the case and I received the C109's I wanted but this is a later order of the smaller C103's which I already have a pair of. It's just at the price I couldn't resist grabbing a few more for friends & family you know?

Congrats, my friend! You richly deserve the deal you got after everything you had to do just to get the goods. Color me impressed.
Thanks, ya they made it difficult for sure. Wasn't sure until yesterday if they were actually going to follow through with this order. Now I just have to figure out where to keep them lol.

Had my friend Cooper stop by recently, he wanted to hear the Jamos for a comparison to his new Dayton Audio T652 Air towers. If you remember I helped Cooper set up his first system based around a Technics SL 1200MKII and he's been very happy for his modest investment. It does rock pretty good considering the new receiver was around $100 along with $125 for the Air towers.

The Jamos are sitting on top of my twin 12" Dayton subs and we're listening to some Led Zeppelin cranked pretty good, I mean really really loud, nice bass energizing the room enough you can feel it. The first side ends and Cooper asks if we can turn the subs off, he wants to see how much bass they have on there own.............the subs were off lol. Ya these little mothers rock pretty good, but they do require the loooooooongest break in period I've ever encountered before. At least 100 hrs for both the tweeter to mellow out and the mid/bass to stop booming out of the rear port, so if you get these don't give up on them too quickly.

Really, I don't see a need for a sub with these "little speakers that can" in most cases, but I'm a bit extreme as are a lot of us here so ya I run mine with twin twelves.

I highly recommend these.

Back
Top Bottom