Jared's Home of Audio

Moved the system over by the home theater for a better and wider sound stage and to consolidate space because the wife wanted the bay windows unobstructed.

uploadfromtaptalk1365784324463.jpg

Sent from my Note II using Tapatalk 2

1366328702111.jpg

1366328704844.jpg

Last edited:
Been listening to my recently acquired Parasound HCA-2205A power amplifier all morning. It has put my Dynaco MK III monoblocks on the shelf for a while.

y8y8y7ej.jpg

a9uqu3an.jpg

Last edited:
I am sure the Parasound woke things up compared to the Dyna's. The Parasound is probably a better match for your speakers. I have owned several Stereo 70's and Mark IV's and they really do better with higher sensitivity speakers.

I am sure the Parasound woke things up compared to the Dyna's. The Parasound is probably a better match for your speakers. I have owned several Stereo 70's and Mark IV's and they really do better with higher sensitivity speakers.

They sure did wake them up. I'd love to keep the Dynaco's but I don't have a second system to use them in or a second set of good speakers to pair them with. These may see BT soon...

Ok, here is the latest iteration with the newly acquired Yamaha CA-810 taking over preamp duty from the Tomcat tube preamp.

1367340001310.jpg

Last edited:
What Dave said. Move the sub away. Its feedback into the tube amp must be affecting the sound. Try replacing the monster speaker cable with 14 gauge electrical cable. Nice room.

What Dave said. Move the sub away. Its feedback into the tube amp must be affecting the sound. Try replacing the monster speaker cable with 14 gauge electrical cable. Nice room.

The sub was moved away a long time ago. Monster got replaced by Nordost Blue Heaven. Thanks for the compliment :thumbup:

Just updating the thread with the new setup. New additions include a Monarchy NM24 tube DAC, Belkin PF-60 power conditioner, and a Parasound AVC-2500 preamp. The new equipment rack was a $40 CL find. All IEC power cables were replaced by home made 8 AWG power cables.

ymututuq.jpg

Nice clean setup with probably better WAF? I will miss the views of the gear in front the picture window.

Back
Top Bottom