JBL 4430, what’s a good price?

Galaxie65

Always looking for new gear to try
I have a chance to grab a set and wanted to see what a good price would be. Cabinets are in good shape, not sure if the grills are there. Woofers I’m told are good but need work? Could be a surround on one, maybe something more?

It would be a local sale only so not like these are going on eBay. I’m looking for a real salt of the earth price point as I’ve seen them all over.

Thanks for any help folks!

Anyone? I’ve checked the normal venues but nothing is really there. Several asking prices but nothing completed.

I’m going to check them out tomorrow so anything will help.

I've been watching also, haven't seen any consistency to the prices.

If it were me, cabs are good and they're complete without expensive problems I'd offer $1,200 and see where it goes using the same logic: there are a lot of asking prices but unless you're in Tokyo, ... little evidence that any are selling for high dollars and they're not in prime condition at the moment. Maybe even start at $900 if the conversation makes it look like the seller is there, I wouldn't feel guilty paying $1k.

But, ... I'm a buyer not a seller.

Did you check completed on hifishark?

I haven't seen anything really on the sold side from what I can tell. I'm just wanting to get a fair idea of what to give being that I'm a little outside my wheel house with this model. I also don't want to take advantage of the seller or get taken myself.

Thanks @SaturationPt for the feedback as well. It helps give me an idea of what I might look at doing.

I just drove 300 miles and paid $600 for a pair of L65As (need foam) though, so I'm not exactly a bargain-basement buyer. If they're really nice and what you want it's tough to walk away at any price, ... kind of where I end up paying on the high side.

Raining JBL's for you Galaxie 65. I think I saw a pair for $1500 in New York a while back but they weren't in great cosmetic shape.

Thanks guys, yeah I'm interested to see how they will stack up. I know the 250TI's are pretty high bar for much to top, but these have some pretty good reviews. I'll have to dig into them at some point, right now my buddy is enjoying them at his shop!

Back
Top Bottom