Jbl l55

Austy

20181021_182819.jpg
Picked up some lancer 55s today. My first JBL. I quite like them. I have some yamaha ns 500s which are nice too but I like these a bit more. I love that beryllium tweeter on the 500s though.
I should get them off the ground though? Mine are pretty far apart. I will have to do some rearranging. 20181021_182842.jpg

Congratulations. I would raise them up, recap them, clean the L pads and refoam the woofers. (Don't use brake fluid on them, as some people do.) You'll be amazed at the improved bass response with more limber foams.

Thanks for the reply. So that's a no on the dot treatment? I have read varying reports on here. I have reframed a few speakers but maybe I will get a pro to do these ones. How high should i elevate these, or is tilting enough?

Apparently, the brake fluid will limber them up for a while, but seep into the cone and stain and damage it in the longer term.

I would elevate them at least six inches or so; ideally, the tweeters should be level with your ears when you're in your preferred listening position. Tilting them back seven degrees or so isn't a bad idea, either.

Back
Top Bottom