JBL Venue- Stadium Tweeters

t j

Hello, I bought a pair of these used, knowing that one tweeter was out. I replaced it and got some use out of them, but now the other tweet has gone out as well as the replacement. So now I'm tweeterless. I'd love some opinions on the matter. Is anyone aware of specific issues with these? I don't want to replace them again just to find out that the covers are bad. Ant testing advice would help, but I have only a hand held multimeter.
-Thanks to all!

I had a look at the Venue series specs, and learned the high frequency transducer (aka tweeter) is the same, across the entire lineup (Tour, Monitor, Arena, Stage, Stadium, Balcony, Voice). Described as: 3/4" (19mm) Titanium-laminate dome, shielded, waveguide, EOS. That implies to me that you could pick up any others from this series, and retrofit it into your Stadiums. I then had a look on Ebay, and found several Venue speakers, a couple for less than $100. You could buy those, and potentially swap the tweeters over. It depends how much you like the Stadiums (I didn't, and sold them on a few years ago), and how much you want to be into them for. They were pretty much entry level speakers, and aren't particularly sought after, so if you intend to sell them, you may not want to be too far into them, as you won't get your money back.

Reactions: t j
I had a look at the Venue series specs, and learned the high frequency transducer (aka tweeter) is the same, across the entire lineup (Tour, Monitor, Arena, Stage, Stadium, Balcony, Voice). Described as: 3/4" (19mm) Titanium-laminate dome, shielded, waveguide, EOS. That implies to me that you could pick up any others from this series, and retrofit it into your Stadiums. I then had a look on Ebay, and found several Venue speakers, a couple for less than $100. You could buy those, and potentially swap the tweeters over. It depends how much you like the Stadiums (I didn't, and sold them on a few years ago), and how much you want to be into them for. They were pretty much entry level speakers, and aren't particularly sought after, so if you intend to sell them, you may not want to be too far into them, as you won't get your money back.
Great info. Did you have any tweeter issues when you owned yours? The reason I ask is because I bought these with a tweeter out and replaced it through Speaker Exchange. That replacement tweeter is now dead as well as the one good tweeter that came with the pair. Furthermore, the two that came with the pair (one good, one bad) were evidently repaired as well. It seems like a pattern, but I'm not easy on speakers either. I have no problem replacing them, but don't want to do it if there's a design flaw or some sort of crossover issue...

IIRC, I paid about $400 Cdn and purchased my Stadiums off CL (this was about 8-10 years ago). I had them for a couple of months, and then sold them on for slightly more than I paid. I was going through a lot of different JBL speakers at the time. Before them I had a complete Northridge E Series set up in 7.1. My mains were E80s, and I got an itch to upgrade. After the Northridges were sold on, and after the Venue Stadiums left, I replaced them with Studio L Series (L890 mains) which I still have (I have the complete Studio L series). The Venue Stadiums gave me no trouble, they just weren't that memorable, and I immediately noted the improved quality of the Studio L Series when I unboxed them (of course, they were significantly more expensive than the E and Venue Series, so that was to be expected). I've never heard of any design flaw with the Venues.

Reactions: t j
Back
Top Bottom