Jico canada.

Andre Garcia

“WITHOUT MUSIC, LIFE WOULD BE A MISTAKE”
Subscriber
Hi to all,
I place a order at Jico canada, will see.

The shipping is reasonable in price and time.
the item a stylus, there is not much explanation about spec, manufacture and country of origin, IMO should be there for customer confidence, but again is a try.

As soon I receive it I'll post about the quality in comparison to the original one.

stay tuned!
AG.

Jico Canada isn't really a Canadian site.

It looks to be just a website put up by the owner of LPtunes/LPgear. If you check the contact info for all three they're all in Henderson, Nevada! Plus, a site pretending to be in Canada and for Canadians would advertise free shipping across the top of the page in Canada, not free shipping in the US! If you start lookin at all the info pages, shipping, etc., it's all basically copied from the US sites!

Plus this supposed Canadian site has all its prices listed in US dollars.

I just did a quick comparison of prices for a V15VMR SAS stylus. Jico Canada: $225 US. LPGear: $222.95 US LPTunes: $199 US.

Anyway, I've always had good service from LPgear and LPTunes, but as a Canadian, I find the Jico Canada site to be a bit dishonest and insulting. If they're going to try to look like they're providing a product line to Canadians, the least they could do is put the pricing in Canadian dollars, offer free shipping to Canadian addresses and contact into in Canada!

I feel like writing Jico and ask them how they feel about their product name being used in such a suspicious manner. After all, LPTunes has claimed to be the only official distributor for Jico styli in North America.

It looks to be just a website put up by the owner of LPtunes/LPgear. If you check the contact info for all three they're all in Henderson, Nevada! Plus, a site pretending to be in Canada and for Canadians would advertise free shipping across the top of the page in Canada, not free shipping in the US! If you start lookin at all the info pages, shipping, etc., it's all basically copied from the US sites!

I just did a quick comparison of prices for a V15VMR SAS stylus. Jico Canada: $225 US. LPGear: $222.95 US LPTunes: $199 US.

Anyway, I've always had good service from LPgear and LPTunes, but as a Canadian, I find the Jico Canada site to be a bit dishonest and insulting. If they're going to try to look like they're providing a product line to Canadians, the least they could do is put the pricing in Canadian dollars, offer free shipping to Canadian addresses and contact into in Canada!

I feel like writing Jico and ask them how they feel about their product name being used in such a suspicious manner. After all, LPTunes has claimed to be the only official distributor for Jico styli in North America.
At least the shipping is less expensive than the other brothers and sisters.
But you are right.
AG.

Anyway, I've always had good service from LPgear and LPTunes, but as a Canadian, I find the Jico Canada site to be a bit dishonest and insulting. If they're going to try to look like they're providing a product line to Canadians, the least they could do is put the pr icing in Canadian dollars, offer free shipping to Canadian addresses and contact into in Canada!

This is plainly on the site for all to see. JICO Canada is an authorized dealer of LP TUNES with authority to sell JICO products with a focus of serving the Canadian stylus market. JICO Canada is not a subsidiary or affiliate of Jico and Nippon Precision Jewel Industry Co. Ltd.

Another Thread about Jico Canada

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/jico-canada.858963/

I'm waiting on VN5MR SAS, it is listed as $169US, shipping is $11.50 but if you add anything else to your Cart the shipping goes up.
It's not that bad but I was told in an email from Jico Canada that Shipping was free to Canada on orders over $79.95.

there is not much explanation about spec,

manufacture and

country of origin,

IMO should be there for customer confidence, but again is a try.

stay tuned!
AG.

Explanation about spec, not sure what you may require? :idea:

Do you need explanation about each type of stylus?

The stylus from JICO are made in Japan.

JICO - NIPPON PRECISION JEWEL INDUSTRY CO., LTD

Factory Headquarters:
100 Ashiya, Shin Onsen-cho, Mikata-Gun, Hyogo, 669-6701, Japan
Sales Department:
Tsutsui shirokanedai Building 3F 4-9-23 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 108-0071, Japan

Some of the diamond tips are probably from - Adamant Namiki .
https://www.ad-na.com/en/product/jewel/product/stylus.html

This is plainly on the site for all to see. JICO Canada is an authorized dealer of LP TUNES with authority to sell JICO products with a focus of serving the Canadian stylus market. JICO Canada is not a subsidiary or affiliate of Jico and Nippon Precision Jewel Industry Co. Ltd.
Yes, they're serving the Canadian market by selling the same product at higher prices! Both LPTunes and LPGear serve the Canadian market. I bought at LPGear a couple of times until discovering LPTunes, which had the same Jico products only with better prices. It's the same owner for all three sites (and actually IIRC he has a one or two other sites as well). I just find that putting a website together that looks like it's a Canadian site and then jacking up prices is kind of sleazy!

Explanation about spec, not sure what you may require? :idea:

Do you need explanation about each type of stylus?

The stylus from JICO are made in Japan.

JICO - NIPPON PRECISION JEWEL INDUSTRY CO., LTD

Factory Headquarters:
100 Ashiya, Shin Onsen-cho, Mikata-Gun, Hyogo, 669-6701, Japan
Sales Department:
Tsutsui shirokanedai Building 3F 4-9-23 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 108-0071, Japan

Some of the diamond tips are probably from - Adamant Namiki .
https://www.ad-na.com/en/product/jewel/product/stylus.html

When you wan to buy something is better when the item have a good description instead nothing.
No, I am facing some issues with the item. Will see how its get resolved.
AG.

When you wan to buy something is better when the item have a good description instead nothing.
No, I am facing some issues with the item. Will see how its get resolved.
AG.

It is not possible to help further without knowing what information you require. :)

My remark is about how you sell your product. the more information the better.
here you can see two different approaching. (ironic is LP and jico canada are the same)

One web site say:
Empire S912E Stylus Specifications
- Frequency response: 15-30,000 Hz
- Tracking force: 0.75-1.5 g
- Stylus: .2 × .7 mil Elliptical
- Effective tip mass: 6.9 g
- Compliance: 18 × 10-6 cm/dyne
- Tracking ability: 28 cm/sec at 1kHz @ 1.25 g
- Output voltage @ 5cm/sec: 4.2 mV
- Original knob color: Purple

Theirs web site say:
REPLACEMENT FOR EMPIRE S912E STYLUS

The replacement for the Empire S912E needle stylus features a highly polished elliptical diamond for superb tracking and tracing of record grooves. It results in finer detail and harmonically complete sound quality.

The color of this stylus has changed over the years. Please be sure to compare your stylus with this stylus before ordering. Do not order this stylus if it looks different than the stylus that you have.

The color of the stylus varies. Please verify and use this as a guide only since the cartridge and stylus may have been changed through the years

Are there any Tonar selling websites in Canada ? I know that I cannot see every website in the world unless I have the exact website name. I discovered this when trying to locate a source of Federal Pioneer circuit breakers. I had to have a friend in Vancouver find the website.

I don't think all the Stylus' on Jico Canada are Jico.
Before I discovered the no free shipping + extra shipping per item I was going to pick up a Stylus for a second Excel ES 70 I have lying around. Their listing just says it's Made in Japan, not Jico.
I was going to compare it to a Tonar (which might be made by Jico) I got from a place down east.

Apart from DJ Supply places there aren't a lot of websites I can find in Canada that sell Stylus, let alone Stylus for vintage Carts. However, according to Google, you can get a Stylus for a Crosley at Bed Bath and Beyond :)

Before I discovered the no free shipping + extra shipping per item I was going to pick up a Stylus for a second Excel ES 70 I have lying around. Their listing just says it's Made in Japan, not Jico.
I was going to compare it to a Tonar (which might be made by Jico) I got from a place down east.

Apart from DJ Supply places there aren't a lot of websites I can find in Canada that sell Stylus, let alone Stylus for vintage Carts. However, according to Google, you can get a Stylus for a Crosley at Bed Bath and Beyond :)

I agree. JICO does not make every model available. The Swiss manufacturer has a bigger selection of conicals and ellipticals. Nagaoka makes a limited selection. Pfanstiehl makes needles for ceramic cartridges and the GE RPX and VR-II here in the States.

Are there any Tonar selling websites in Canada ? I know that I cannot see every website in the world unless I have the exact website name. I discovered this when trying to locate a source of Federal Pioneer circuit breakers. I had to have a friend in Vancouver find the website.

Just email me, I’ll sell you all the Tonar styli that you could need ;)

By the way, just got word here in Canada that Tonar price increases are imminent....

I started a website a bit ago peddling styli, but honestly I still found most of my business came from eBay (world market). Although I got myself in google searches, I still kinda felt like the USA big styli websites prob get most of the traffic from search engines, and that pushes out the little guys some.....

Yes, they're serving the Canadian market by selling the same product at higher prices! Both LPTunes and LPGear serve the Canadian market. I bought at LPGear a couple of times until discovering LPTunes, which had the same Jico products only with better prices. It's the same owner for all three sites (and actually IIRC he has a one or two other sites as well). I just find that putting a website together that looks like it's a Canadian site and then jacking up prices is kind of sleazy!

I kinda agree. I saw this Jico Canada site a few weeks ago, but quickly realized it 100% catered to the usa market. Would it have killed them to at least convert the prices to Canadian, it's prob a website flick of a switch haha. Eh?!

Sadly the Jico Canada issue finished wrong.
The stylus was’n Jico was LP Gear, but the worst thing is that doesn’t enter into the cart.
I explain to them and they insist that “this is he item I bought”. So far after two days of back and forward emails ”Jico Canada” is not giving any concret solution.
the funniest thing is they answer me "because you bought the replacement." so, if you buy the replacement you will receive something that nobody knows.
So after few pictures they told me what they sell is crimped and mine is not crimped, i answer well the one you sold me is the one is not crimped. At the end they told me to send my cart to them to find the right stylus, shipping and restock fees, IMO that was too much for $30.00. They are not selling what they say and have no clue either.
Now I can ignore something and I need help here. can you tell me whats the difference between: "Stylus for" (no original) "Replacement for"

thanks and sorry for my rant, but I know well what customer service means.

Andre.

Capture.JPG

Now I can ignore something and I need help here. can you tell me whats the difference between: "Stylus for" (no original) "Replacement for"

Perhaps they sent you a Jico manufactured stylus, but in their packaging(?)

And I don't think there is any difference with that wording. The price would also indicate to me they are likely the same item.

Also, I've decided I'm gonna start a stylus website and call it STYLUS-USA and then price everything in Canadian and offer free shipping to only Canadians.

I started a website a bit ago peddling styli, but honestly I still found most of my business came from eBay (world market). Although I got myself in google searches, I still kinda felt like the USA big styli websites prob get most of the traffic from search engines, and that pushes out the little guys some.....

It is hard for the little guy. At least you sell Tonars(at great prices). I was selling quite a few EVG's when they were JICO sourced. Now I have to compete with NeedleDaddy1 who is a great seller, with a quality product, at killer prices. He can buy from Pfanstiehl at a significant discount due to volume. He may very well be an authorized Pfanstiehl dealer.

Back
Top Bottom