John DeVore’s “Rock-It” 88’s

I would love to have the budget to be in the market for any of that. I was just picking up my Apollo-R and enjoying an afternoon with a couple of great guys listening to records. Took some pics because of the old HiFi forum mantra...if you don't have any pictures, it didn't happen!:D

Glad you took pics Art.

I guess we all dream and wish for one another.

Personally speaking, I wish for you "Audio Nirvana".

No matter what that entails.

:)

Art,

Wonderful write up, with beautiful photos to boot. You've done the Brothers proud.

Be well, as always.
o_O scar

I wonder ....... and I could probably find out with certainty ...... who picks out the veneers for Devore speakers. Is it John Devore, Anthony, or a combination of both these two guys?

Since John has gone to Bamboo there isn't any veneer, his enclosures are solid Bamboo. I love the Mink finish!:thmbsp:

Wow, nice pics and writeup! Haven't yet heard the 88's, but spent a half hour or so with the X's, but with too many people in the room, so need to check em out again sometime (not that they're in my price range, and not that I'm thinking of letting go of my Nines, mind you). The X's do have that backfield motion.
Chris and Dale are solid bros, I went to Chris' old place once and I don't think I've ever had such a good time at a "hifi shop"! And this includes Pitch Perfect here in SF, although they are also solid folks. I just have not seen Matt get down like Dale did, making the Scheu table skip! (Hope he doesn't read this, but maybe he won't be mad...)
Saving my pennies for the DPS sometime this year, hopefully. Thanks for helping me experience their latest setups!
Wilson

Wow, nice pics and writeup! Haven't yet heard the 88's, but spent a half hour or so with the X's, but with too many people in the room, so need to check em out again sometime (not that they're in my price range, and not that I'm thinking of letting go of my Nines, mind you). The X's do have that backfield motion.
Chris and Dale are solid bros, I went to Chris' old place once and I don't think I've ever had such a good time at a "hifi shop"! And this includes Pitch Perfect here in SF, although they are also solid folks. I just have not seen Matt get down like Dale did, making the Scheu table skip! (Hope he doesn't read this, but maybe he won't be mad...)
Saving my pennies for the DPS sometime this year, hopefully. Thanks for helping me experience their latest setups!
Wilson

Oh he's reading it alright!:D

Thank you for the comments!:thmbsp:

Those speakers are beautiful. I have read some very favorable impressions about Line Magnetic gear (from someone who can be hard to please). Seems like LM is a heavy hitter. And I like the industrial look of the amp. Thanks for sharing, Art.

Those speakers are beautiful. I have read some very favorable impressions about Line Magnetic gear (from someone who can be hard to please). Seems like LM is a heavy hitter. And I like the industrial look of the amp. Thanks for sharing, Art.

You need to see if you can hear the LM amps sometime, Dan.

For a real treat I will be giving the Line Magnetic 215 CD player a spin fairly soon. Now that should be fun!

They may be out of my budget, Art. A listen is always good though. I see they do have some affordable integrateds on their lower end though, so one never knows!

I think I'm set for amplification, sources, and perhaps speakers. I'll be updating my old thread shortly with information on this. I have done a 180 since last posting.

They may be out of my budget, Art. A listen is always good though. I see they do have some affordable integrateds on their lower end though, so one never knows!

I think I'm set for amplification, sources, and perhaps speakers. I'll be updating my old thread shortly with information on this. I have done a 180 since last posting.

Yep, they are out of my present budget as well. I'm also not shopping for a CD player (or anything for that matter) but I have it on good authority that the LM player is pretty special so I have to give a listen.

Thank you, Oscar.

Always good to see you here, my friend.

It goes without saying - but " you're more then welcome ".

Keep up the great coverage/ventures, I for one love reading your post.

Be well, young man.

o_Oh

Art,

From the powers that be ( Dale ). I've heard that you're in for quite a surprise with the LM Audio CD Player making its way to your home.

Know that whenever you're ready to venture off into the world of tubes?, I'm here to assist you through what's what - as I've mentioned to Dale, I've been into tube rolling since 1988, and have a feel for the three flavors according to ones perception of which direction they wish to voice their system - as well as the ones that last 10.000 hours which translates to 3 hours per day usage which comes to about nearly a decade before needing to be replaced.

And by, the LM amps offering self-bias, it minimizes the extra worry out of said task of upkeep.

I say - go fourth into the valley of that orange glow - tubes await thee.

Have a good listen.
o_O scar

Art,

From the powers that be ( Dale ). I've heard that you're in for quite a surprise with the LM Audio CD Player making its way to your home.

Know that whenever you're ready to venture off into the world of tubes?, I'm here to assist you through what's what - as I've mentioned to Dale, I've been into tube rolling since 1988, and have a feel for the three flavors according to ones perception of which direction they wish to voice their system - as well as the ones that last 10.000 hours which translates to 3 hours per day usage which comes to about nearly a decade before needing to be replaced.

And by, the LM amps offering self-bias, it minimizes the extra worry out of said task of upkeep.

I say - go fourth into the valley of that orange glow - tubes await thee. :thmbsp:

Have a good listen.
o_O scar

Thanks, Oscar...you know I'll tap you for some info if I go towards tubes in the future. Dale has been telling me that the LM 215 is quite special and I certainly trust his ear so it should be a fun test drive. I really am enjoying my Apollo-R and it is certainly in a "best buy" category to me. Best regards to you my friend.

Thanks, Oscar...you know I'll tap you for some info if I go towards tubes in the future. Dale has been telling me that the LM 215 is quite special and I certainly trust his ear so it should be a fun test drive. I really am enjoying my Apollo-R and it is certainly in a "best buy" category to me. Best regards to you my friend.

Art,

You're more then welcome. I just see that period coming more sooner then later - being the music lover that you are. Yes, Dale speaks quite highly of the 215, as well as their DAC.

But, he also mentioned the great deeds you're doing to assist others in the Portland area - which I'm even more proud of you for being such a thoughtful - caring young man, that I admire for such actions.

Yet, as you've done so much to assist others - now it's time to treat yourself to something beyond the likes of Rega - live life without compromising items that you know will bring you that much closer to reality in regards to sound - as well as musical bliss.

I'm proud to count you as a friend, and more.

Enjoy what life brings - opportunity knocks - open the door.

As always in parting, be well dear friend.

Art,

I say - go fourth into the valley of that orange glow - tubes await thee. :thmbsp:

Have a good listen.
o_O scar

I am very curious about the three flavors according to ones perception of which direction they wish to voice their system. It would be great if you could share your experience and wisdom in this regard. I have tube gear and would appreciate some newfound insight.

I am very curious about the three flavors according to ones perception of which direction they wish to voice their system. It would be great if you could share your experience and wisdom in this regard. I have tube gear and would appreciate some newfound insight.

Good morning MWalt,

Please overlook my late response, as the wife and I were catching up on Basketball and movies yesterday - so I tend to cut my media devices off during said times.

Here's what I'm willing to do....., if you take say 3-9 minutes to listen to each piece of tube gear you own - gain an understanding of what each does or doesn't do to your likings/dislikes?.

Say for example you're looking for better focus throughout the midrange - better emphasis on vocals - more snap/attack on guitar licks as well defined bass passages/runs - smoother at both extremes - more neutral top to bottom. And so on.

Once you've a true feel for what's needed to enhance your emotional involvement in one manner or the other?, just contact me directly here:

Ei6ca7@yahoo.com

And, we can work out remedies to fix these wrongs, and build upon a foundation to bring you that much closer to a point in life where - you do as I do " Hoard " the ones you come to know without a doubt work best with your components - that suit your preferences as well your room.

I shall be awaiting your email. And look forward to sharing what I've learn during my time as an Audio Shop Buyer, back during the 80s, which requires a decent set of ears to begin with - but even more so during my travels to Japan during the 70s as well - and you might be aware of?, they never stopped listening to tube gear - and more often then not - purchased up most of the best sounding components and vintage tubes, they we simply didn't appreciate and began to overlook ourselves.

Operators are standing by - make the connection.

Until then,
o_O scar

Back
Top Bottom