John Wick 1 n 2 blueray

91firebird

Just picked up John wick1 and 2 blueray. The atmos sound just is great,the blueray picture is great.these
Two movies are 2 hours of Loud violent blow them away fun.and a good test for the atmos sound system
Denon av reciever.

I've not seen the second as the first was a wee bit fantasy - like Commando times 10. I do recall the soundtrack being well done though, making good use of Atmos.

I've not seen the second as the first was a wee bit fantasy - like Commando times 10. I do recall the soundtrack being well done though, making good use of Atmos.

I'd take it up ten steps from "wee bit"...but you're prob playing with these words, eh?

I always wanted to get the make of that hand gun that he had that hardly ever ran outta bullets.

Yammy AV receiver-Aventage RX-A740

Q

I saw it (after thoroughly enjoying the first) and ended up liking it ~90% as much. The second definitely more style over plot such as it was but still found it good escapism.

So glad you ended up with "escapism", sm. That's what I try to do with most movies. Most often, I'm there to glean some info from a historical-type one that may offer a different take on the past event, however some of these often delve into the realm of escapism, as there is really little in the actual way of the way it happened. Even some of the characters in this genre are so "hollywooded" they are nothing like the orig people.

Trouble with me is, I often have trouble accepting what they are throwing at me, as the reality creeps in such as a John Wick movie, where he takes on a bad guy crew with auto-type arms and he's there with his handgun taking them down in droves. I do know the capability of these two types of arms, which takes it away from my personal enjoyment...and have to keep reminding myself...this ain't the way it is in real life. But, I guess that's what "escapism" is all about...getting away from this real world for an hour and a bit at a time.

Gotta loosen up more...somewhat.:D

Q

The bad guys spraying the bushes with automatic fire and hitting nothing/nobody, then being taken down by one round from the good guy is pretty standard in action movies these days. And pretty unrealistic.

...Two movies are 2 hours of Loud violent blow them away fun.and a good test for the atmos sound system. Denon av receiver.
That pretty much sums up the two movies. Knowing that, the two likely options are to enjoy them for what they are or avoid them.

The bad guys spraying the bushes with automatic fire and hitting nothing/nobody, then being taken down by one round from the good guy is pretty standard in action movies these days. And pretty unrealistic.

DYNK that the good guys are using heat seeking bullets?:D

Q

Back
Top Bottom