JRiver 24, The best yet.

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have run every version of jRiver since ver 18. I have always had a love hate relationship with it. It does everything, and I mean everything. There is extensive options so it can be very intimidating to somebody new to jRiver, and somewhat tedious to an experienced user because of the 24 layered lasagnas the menu trees are. This is a clean install of Ver 24. I had corrupted Windows update software that required a reset. W10 does this in a much better way than in the past. I am now scanning in my files. It is when you watching jRiver doing this that brings home just how bad iTunes is on a PC. jRiver is smoothly indexing the files, checking the tags, looking for album art. etc. It does not matter what codex file is either. I like how Ver 24 is working.

jRiver’s server function works well with My Yamaha AVR the only issue I had is the Yamaha did not show all of my music files hopefully a fresh install and scan with Ver 24 will fix this.

I will load iTunes as I need it for loading music into Equalizer Pro but this time I am not going bother to scan my PC for files. There is no point.

This is what it says. I have not actually burnt a CD/DVD in years. Thumb drives are so much better.

E342A4D2-870C-4BDD-866B-3077ACDD5A86.jpeg

Here is something that iTunes has massive trouble doing at least on a PC.

Music files, I can go 24/7 and go 2.05 years without a repeat.
4D2C8D01-A294-40FC-B540-A557CE17781A.jpeg

My Video files: binge watching central.
0F05CBC5-44BA-4AD1-8329-B304DF5719F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom