Judging my crap: AudioSource Amp 300

The Goat

So...there was wine involved. And I bid $125 on an online auction for an AudioSource Amp 300...and accidentally won. So it'll be joining my basement audio collection.

There seems to be fairly sporadic information about this unit, although mostly positive. Anyone have feedback on it?

I've got one. Nice sounding amp. I appreciate the front panel gain controls which makes CD direct play possible.

I have one too. It sold for new quite cheap, but reviews on reliability were spotty, so it was one of the few items I bought an extended warranty on, which I didn’t end up needing.

Been reliable, but always used as front channel amp for a HT system, so can’t comment on SQ for music.

I just got an amp 210 for $1 plus $15 ship.I started a thread and took pics.Look up audiosource amp210.
its heavy,has toroid and discrete outputs.

Attachments

• IMG_20180719_123057.jpg
    IMG_20180719_123057.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 133
  • sC_b0013d1ylm-amp210lg.jpg
    sC_b0013d1ylm-amp210lg.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20180719_123138.jpg
    IMG_20180719_123138.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20180719_123116.jpg
    IMG_20180719_123116.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20180719_123127.jpg
    IMG_20180719_123127.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 100
That looks a lot like a Speakercraft amp someone gave me. I wonder if they are related somehow.

They may be.I dont know how good these are but its got beefy outputs,Doesnt appear to to be loaded with SMD'S,that makes it serviceable,i i cant see the micro smd components good enough to repair em. .I want another so i can put one for each channel.
Anyone have the schematic,service manual ill give my email.

to me it should have two 15,000 at least.Ive seen amps with bigger caps but it had a smaller xformer.Maybe its fine that way.

Chime in if youve modded one with bigger caps.Id rather get a BGW or QSC or an ART sla2 but cant afford em right now.I run klipsch forte ii

They're supposed to sound alright? I have tossed around the idea of picking up 2 ( 100's) and bridging them..

I just got an amp 210 for $1 plus $15 ship.I started a thread and took pics.Look up audiosource amp210.
its heavy,has toroid and discrete outputs.

Toroidal transformer and dual extruded heatsink are a step above the usual craptastic. After fees, the seller will have lost his amp and come out of pocket to complete the sale.

Yes i dont dont why they didnt place a reserve on it .All i did was bid,expecting to be outbid.I started low at $1 .The amp has a more robust low end than my harman kardon 247 .The hk really has a good amp section though as it is.

I have the Amp 200 which is one model down from yours. Actually I have two of them, they monobridge to 250 wpc. Pretty beefy things. Big torrodial transformer. They are a weird mashup of pro amp, power amp and integrated, with this funky auto-switching input and volume and balance controls on the front panel, but you can ignore the auto switching and it will behave like a regular two-channel power amp. Also has speaker-level inputs.

$125 for an Amp 300 is a steal IMO. Audiosource stuff is pretty underrated. Probably not the last word in musicality but I've used them to run two big Polk Monitor 60s and there was only a subtle difference from them to my B&K 2140.

That looks a lot like a Speakercraft amp someone gave me. I wonder if they are related somehow.

Phoenix Gold is the parent company. They make Audiosource, OSD Audio, Russound, Speakercraft, Carver pro amps, and just about every subwoofer plate amp known to man. Big players in the car audio scene in the 90s before they branched out.

Ya i have autoswitchin off.Balance in middle ,rear attentuators to max.Front att at max,no noise at no input to my harman 247.Seems pretty solid of an amp.Its inside layout looks like a qsc rmx pro amp but with less output xsistors and no fan.Wish it jus had two front l&r attentuators but its doin good on my forte' ii speakers.
I really wish i coulda got my dads mcintosh mc2600 when he passed but got stolen before i could get to bertram,texas.He also had a mc250 and a dc300 crown.All went amiss b4 i got there.Im still pissed.
Its bs it sucks.
Heres a pic of my .current set.JT Coldfire playin.IMG_20180721_154902.jpg

Last edited:
They may be.I dont know how good these are but its got beefy outputs,Doesnt appear to to be loaded with SMD'S,that makes it serviceable,i i cant see the micro smd components good enough to repair em. .I want another so i can put one for each channel.
Anyone have the schematic,service manual ill give my email.

I don’t have the schematic but I have another I could sell you. I’m new to this site so not sure how I send you contact info.

So...there was wine involved. And I bid $125 on an online auction for an AudioSource Amp 300...and accidentally won. So it'll be joining my basement audio collection.

There seems to be fairly sporadic information about this unit, although mostly positive. Anyone have feedback on it?

Meh... it's probably good. My Outlaw Audio 750 amp sounds really good with music. Sometimes HT amps get a bum rap for being HT amps. Few that shit on them have actually listened. So enjoy it. I bet it'll be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom