Junes Meeting pics

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Rob was kind enough to have a few of us over to hear his very sweet system. Not sure how many attended since i got there late and some left before i could get there.

His system was composed of the following

Linn LP12 with Ittok LVII arm, Cirkus bearing and new Linn Akiva
Cartridge on a Neuance Isolation Platform Aesthetix Rhea phono Aesthetix
Calypso Pre Linn Ikemi Cd Player Atma-Sphere MA1 MkII.2 Silver Edition
OTL monoblocks Coincident Total Eclipse Speakers Coincident CST1 XLR
Interconnects and Coincident TRS Speaker Cables PS Audio P300 Power
Plant, 20A Ultimate Outlets and PS power cords.

Now the pics I'm about to post were from an impromptu get together Rob hosted this past spring. Sorry i did not have my camera with me for this meeting. Now He has made some major changes but they were mostly in the area of room treatments as far as I can tell.

My impressions were his system was night and day better then the last i had heard it. Bass had real authority without being the least bit muddy.

For anyone who has not heard Rob's system you really should. not to mention he has a collection of vinyl that is superb ! It was a real treat to hear and I wanted to thank Rob for having us over.

Grumpy

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 156
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Pict0007.jpg
    Pict0007.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 80
  • PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 147
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Pict0006.jpg
    Pict0006.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 92
  • PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 206
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 75
Inquiring minds want to know:

In the picture above where someone (I'm guessing the host) is cueing a record, just below the turntable sits what appears to be a paint brush. What is it used for? Given it's proximity to the TT, I'm wondering if this is what Rob is using to clean the dust off the records???

Your correct Mike. He uses it for a final dusting.

I'm still shocked you two didn't break my then new camera ! :banana:

Hey I take offense to that!

Just found this thread. Robs system is even closer to perfection now!

We got all the junk new production small signal tubes out of his phono pre
with some smooth plate tellies, bugle boys, and some rca blackplate 5751's.
(the sovteks in there from the factory were really killing it)

2 weekends of 2:30 am listening sessions have yeilded great results. :music:

OTL's are fascinating to me. Is the heat ever objectional?

Kegger, nice to put a friendly face with the guy that allways gets me straightened out :yes: Jay

Moved this in to SMAC's forum and to give a bump to show Rob what I thought was the config his system sounded best to me.

Gorgeous house Rob, love the decor! :yes:

What speakers are those? :scratch2:

Scott

Gorgeous house Rob, love the decor! :yes:

What speakers are those? :scratch2:

Scott

Thanks Grumpy, funny enough, the pictured location of my speakers, about two feet off the back wall and six feet apart is just about were their back to this day and sounded real good before my one mono block refused to come out & play. Don’t know what’s up but this weekend we’ll do the deep dive and figure it out, hopefully.

The speakers are Coincident, Total Eclipse by Israel Blume in Canada. I acquired them lightly used from Harry Weisfeld of VPI turntables. The Total Eclipse was and still is his home reference speaker. It’s a long story... he wanted a black pair, so I got a good deal on his cherry cabinets. The slim domineer is deceiving though, they weigh 176lbs.each. They are 94db @ 14ohms so it doesn’t take much to light them up. The OTL Atma-Sphere amps are a bit overkill but, I like the sound. Very nice!
Thanks Scott!

Happy Listening!:beatnik:

Back
Top Bottom