just combined the kenwood power amp that i had with another I bought recently

Gold Ant

Wow it sounds cool I never realized the difference in vocal clarity and overall detail a second amp makes so to any one else out there with a home theatre setup with another power amp lying around hook it up! it really makes a huge improvement-Id just upgraded my old power amp and not bothered to integrate it into the system but it's really worth the trouble if you do any 5.1 listening to music or films so anyone who hasn't hook em up:music:

Explain ... details please. Did you biAmp? How many channels and how are they fed?

In mine I have a great 2 channel amp on front mains (B&K st202+),
a slightly newer 5ch B&K AVR 5000 (series II) for the remaining channels,
(sides, rears, center)
and an ancient Harman Kardon Citation 22 in bridged mono mode putting something like 600w to a JBL 4641 18" Pro subwoofer.

Explain ... details please. Did you biAmp? How many channels and how are they fed?

In mine I have a great 2 channel amp on front mains (B&K st202+),
a slightly newer 5ch B&K AVR 5000 (series II) for the remaining channels,
(sides, rears, center)
and an ancient Harman Kardon Citation 22 in bridged mono mode putting something like 600w to a JBL 4641 18" Pro subwoofer.
You ladies rock.

The way I had it rigged I was using a marantz sr5007 av receiver powering my centre and rear channels, the sub is self powered and I also had a kenwood km 894 (100rmsx2)
powering the fronts although they are four ohm speakers so it was putting out a fair bit more than that. I recently added the kenwood km 209 to my setup (150rmsx2) and put it running the front 4ohm speakers and now have the other amp powering the centre and right rear channels I'm using the marantz av receiver amps power to drive the last rear speaker (its only 80rms) but with one out of 7 inputs being driven it should be ok lol
the increase in overall clarity and detail I got was great so I just thought I would encourage anyone else with unused gear lying around to hook it up :)

I have a Yamaha Rx667 that powers the surrounds, while feeding a XLS 1500 that feeds a sub and the center. Another XLS 2000 powers the mains and a X1000 powers two other subs. Great thing about this is when this AVR dies I can replace it and still the amps will rock on forever(almost)

yes they certainly have not made the same amount of advancements in the power amp as the pre amp side of things so it pays to hang on to your old ones not to mention that if you bought brand new ones they wouldn't be much better if at all and would cost a fortune..... I sort of hunt around for bargains and when I see an upgrade at a good price i'll normally buy it and flip the other gear i was using

Back
Top Bottom