Just for giggles....

2ndtimelucky

Just for a bit of fun I was wondering...

Speakers that should qualify as BPC but actually sound hifi?

Pics would be great :D

I'm not sure if these Sonys qualify but they have the look. Lots of B, a bit of P but very little C.
DMlSI3M.jpg
BllEIkw.jpg
HkPp49x.jpg

Last edited:
Not plastic, but they looked crudely made and sure did not take top prize in the look category. Might be indicative of the fact they were made in East Germany.

A large retailer I was with for quite a while sold RFT speakers and did so for a number of years. These were model BR26 Classic. I and a number of other staff members were actually impressed by how good they sounded. They had stiff competition on the sales floor - KEF, Mission, Energy, Celestion, JBL and a raft of others that came and went during the time RFT remained a stocking brand.

Good commission earners too, dealer cost was about $60 per pair. Can't remember if tag price was $299 or $399 but there was room to discount if necessary.
RFT BR26.jpg

Last edited:
I'll play.. The now-discontinued "post-Indignia era" Insignia NS-SP213 bass-reflex 2-way bookshelves.

Depending on your ears, they seriously give the much-revered AJones-designed Pioneers a run for the money if not outright beat them.

Yes, like anything this size you want a subwoofer, and in such a 2.1 config; these are outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom