Just getting started in Vintage stereo

Hi, I am just getting started in Vintage stereo equipment. I do not have much to brag on currently. I have picked up, (And found out after finding this site that I paid way too much for them.) a set of HPM-100/100W speakers. The speakers cabinets were in sad shape and had the Wide Range tweeters missing in them. I did however, manage to buy one in good shape off ebay so now I am just short by one. I am going to have to totally rework the cabinets due to water damage to the bottoms of them. (The laminate peeled off like paper on one of them.) But I hope to luck up and find my dream set up which would be a SX-1080 Tuner, a kicking set of HPM-100/ 200W speakers and a very good Turntable to play my old vinyl on. I have not decided on what make and model Turn table yet though. Thank you for letting me join the group and have the ability to get educated on this en devour of mine.

Welcome! I see you've subscribed...good for you! Post a Wanted in the appropriate Barter Town section for any parts, etc. you may be seeking.

Greetings to ya! I too have an affinity for the Pioneer silver face. I actually am going the separates route with an SA-7500ii and TX-9500ii because the price of the monster amps has gotten, in my mind, stupid high. I can move up to an SA-9500 when one comes up for a fraction of what a 1250 would cost. Because you subscribed to AK you can see the Bartertown ads for equipment posted by others. Better than ePrey in my mind.
Hopefully soon, I'll be recapping and cleaning up my HPM-100s, My HPM-40s just need cleaning and refinishing. Have fun. We look forward to seeing your questions and pictures of your stuff in the months to come.

More than welcome to the AK Crew.

Yer takin' yer time, which being selective. Most want to dive in, then regret being in a rush to hear Rush!

Q

Back
Top Bottom