Just got my VPI Scoutmaster......

soundhd

Recieved my VPI Scoutmaster late last week and set-it up over the weekend.......It is truly amazing how great vinyl sounds with a good TT set-up (Scoutmaster with a Quicksilver tube phono pre-amp and a Sumiko Blackbird cartridge). The soundstage opened up wider and deeper, the bass just got deeper and more defined.
Everything just got better and I haven't started "tweeking" yet.....:yippy:

Very nice! I am envious.

A vinyl source grade upgrade has been on my list of needs since I upgraded my cdp to the Jolida JD-100 last fall. A excellent source makes all the difference I have found. Alas...the price of admission can be formidable, especially for vinyl.

Congratulations, on your acquisition.

Jon:)

True, it's not a cheap getting into a high quality analog but if your into it the expense is worth it.........:)

OooOOooooo...

One of our customers at work, has a tricked-out Scout... JMW9 arm, ring weight and clamp, Aries platter, outboard speed controller, the works. Currently has a Benz Glider cartridge on it. I will say, it's one of the best sounding analog setups, I've ever encountered... an astonishingly good combo of dynamic range, killer bottom end extension, and just plain even-handed tonal balance.

However, we're getting in some of the "big iron" soon. One of our customers has ordered a VPI Aries Black Knight... optioned with the Aries II platter. Can't wait to hear what THAT boy can do!!

Regards,
Gordon.

Back
Top Bottom