Just In: Moody Blues In Search of The lost Chord 50th Adv. Box set

kcline

Tube Audio Collector
Another 50th anniversary box set I have received in the last few weeks. So far I have played the High Rez. versions of the org. mix, and the new mix and cd-3 BBC recordings and different mixes of certain songs. To me there is good and bad news. The transfer of the org. mix is very good that is the good news, the new mix? the vocals sound great but most everything else is at a lower volume then the org. mix, all you need to hear is Departure and the difference between the new and the old? New, great vocals but poor sound from most of the other instruments most are now lower in sound in the mix. CD-3 sounds great.DSCN0656.JPG

Any word on "To Our Children's Children's Children" being reIssued?
That was always my fav! -
Ah, Wikipedia says "released in November 1969."
so I suppose I have a year to wait for the 50th edition.

I have the Deluxe versions of the Classic 7 albums, which, I believe,
were based on the QUAD mixes, and just don't sound right to me.

A great LP however I stay away from these box sets. I'm never happy with the entire box, there's always some part of them that are a let down.

Hard to beat the original stereo versions of their music I think. I do have some quad tapes that have some beneficial qualities but still enjoy the heck out of the original stuff. Kind of amazing how this music has survived.

I wish this was a SACD release myself as I bought box set to get the high rez version. I bought this LP new when released in 1968 always one my most played LP though the years

I wish this was a SACD release myself as I bought box set to get the high rez version. I bought this LP new when released in 1968 always one my most played LP though the years
I gave this album away when I first heard it,go figure. It's my favorite Moody Blues album now,I was lucky to acquire an original Deram import in mint shape a while back along with On the Threshold of a Dream.

Finally played DVD of the videos from 1968. most from French TV. Sound was poor on the French TV videos, sounded like the engineer was riding the gain up and down though out the performance. The BBC color video was lip sync. to the LP tracks did not watch much of this.

Hard to beat the original stereo versions of their music I think. I do have some quad tapes that have some beneficial qualities but still enjoy the heck out of the original stuff. Kind of amazing how this music has survived.

By survived, do you mean the physical media or the popularity of the band?

By survived, do you mean the physical media or the popularity of the band?

The band and their original music. Pretty amazing stuff from the 60s. Good combination of classical and rock with superb production for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom