Just try to read this

At least they are clear.

My Japanese tweeters state that I should keep watches away from them "because the magnetic force is very strong."

I remember when I worked for Sony factory service seeing a service manual that pointed to a power supply rail with a large red arrow, and stated, in red letters, " Always be sure to short this point never."
Another manual identified an IC in the power supply as a " regurator."
Usually, though, their manuals were of very high quality, and a pleasure to use.

Reminds me of an old episode of the show M*A*S*H where they were trying to disarm a bomb.

Radar is at the camp talking to BJ & Hawkeye over the radio....

Step 1: Cut the blue wire..............after cutting the white wire...

i read it and didn't have a problem with it .. i do however have a Japanese friend whose car i keep going for him . his English is not easy to understand unless you have known him for a good while .

Make sure to never use a push mower for a hedge trimmer. That warning used to be on the box of new push mowers. Warnings should be provided starting with “do no operate if you’re a dumbass”

Remember the class d amps where the advertiser used the term fever a lot?
I keep seeing this also with items for sale from JP and really want to know what it means.

The same as "gully" - thats used a lot - I presume they mean distortion (its usually in the context of "some gully is heard when rotating the volume knob") but I guess it could mean that if the amplifier is really broken - you can thrown it into a gully/ravine/pit of your choice?

Would be great for someone japanese to clarify what these ads are TRYING to say at least.

I keep seeing this also with items for sale from JP and really want to know what it means.

The same as "gully" - thats used a lot - I presume they mean distortion (its usually in the context of "some gully is heard when rotating the volume knob") but I guess it could mean that if the amplifier is really broken - you can thrown it into a gully/ravine/pit of your choice?

Would be great for someone japanese to clarify what these ads are TRYING to say at least.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/gully-as-a-japanese-audio-term.654403/
http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/what-does-gully-mean.269195/

Took me moment in time to explore every single one of the commentary, other than I in fact loved the editorial. It proved being in reality helpful to me and I am positive to every single one the commenters here! It’s in the main fine when you can not just be informed, but in adding entertained! I am constructive you had pleasant writing this write-up.

Something else I just remembered from my days at Sony.
They used to make a battery operated alarm clock radio with a speech synthesizer. It was a female voice that had been recorded for the speech circuit.
It was really funny to hear the radio announce the time at 3:33. It came out : Thlee thlity thlee.
I have one of those speech boards in my collection but haven't had the time to hook it up. If I get the chance to, I'll try to record it and post it.

All the copy on that site reads like that and always has.

The reason is explained here: https://audio-database.com/

‘This homepage is created using translation software. The site of the main is here (Japanese only)’

An English site translated to Japanese via translation software probably looks like gibberish to Japanese people, too.

Last edited:
Google translator is no better now, I buy a dozen pieces or so out of Japan and am always looking for items of interest. I use Google translator Japanese to English which pretty much reads like that.

Here's the deal: you have to read it slowly, carefully, understanding the 'thought' of what is being said, one word at a time, and then rewrite it in the English language.

At least it's a translation. Better than nothing. Spent 2 weeks once rewriting Sansui's company history. Came out well.

Back
Top Bottom