Just unexpectedly won a Rek-O-Kut B-12-H (!!)

Hey G,
I had forgotten that I had all that stuff and when i found them in a old file, I knew where they had to go. I hope to meet you one day. And your very welcome it was my pleasure to send them to you! Now get cracking BRO! before the snow comes LOL!

Yessir! I only have a small window of time left to be outside cutting lumber for the plinth!

(I also need to figure out what to do for an arm on the second rebuilt ROK!)

Yessir! I only have a small window of time left to be outside cutting lumber for the plinth!

(I also need to figure out what to do for an arm on the second rebuilt ROK!)
Are you thinking of another "vintage" arm or something modern? I have a Nottingham Ace Space arm on mine. It is a terrific arm and was as close to a drop-in fit as one could ever imagine. Apart from the ubiquitous Jelco 250 there are plenty of interesting options including a couple of Mission arms.

Are you thinking of another "vintage" arm or something modern? I have a Nottingham Ace Space arm on mine. It is a terrific arm and was as close to a drop-in fit as one could ever imagine. Apart from the ubiquitous Jelco 250 there are plenty of interesting options including a couple of Mission arms.

Good question. I don't especially care if it's newer or vintage, but I am thinking that it will have to cost no more than around $400 or so. The walnut Grado that I have appeals to me visually, so I'm hoping I can make that work out.

My intention (for now) is to use the ROK for playing older LPs that might not be in great shape, and for playing 45s and 78s, and that means using a conical stylus on a cartridge that also has a 78 stylus available. Hence, my interest in the Shure SC35C and Stanton 500.

I am eyeing getting one of those Gray unipivot repros that the guy in the Ukraine makes, but I haven't decided yet. A Jelco would be fine too.

Hey G,
Any updates on this ?

I hope to have something new to share very soon! I will be rewiring my Grado arm as soon as the materials arrive, later this week, and should be spinning records by the weekend.

I still have plans down the road to build heavy plinths, re-paint at least one of the top plates, and possibly get a Karmadon Gray-style arm.

This project isn't nearly done yet!

Is this the same Grado arm you had on the Thorens. I am looking at a Garrard lab 80 with the wooden arm. I always loved the looks of the wooden arm. Any thoughts?

Hey G, How is that Grado rewire coming along ? Got any updates for us ?

Is this the same Grado arm you had on the Thorens. I am looking at a Garrard lab 80 with the wooden arm. I always loved the looks of the wooden arm. Any thoughts?

Yup, that's the same arm that I briefly had on the TD-124. The rewiring went just fine; I used the super-flexible wire that KAB sells. The original wiring had a fifth ground, but I found that it was unnecessary with this arm.

I am not familiar with the Garrard, so I can't offer any insights there, sorry...

The big news is I am working out plans with a fellow AK'er to have him build a much nicer plinth than I could ever make for one of the ROKs! Once that project is further along, I'll share more details. :D

Can't wait my friend! What made you decide to go with a Grado arm instead of the original ELS arms.

The only problem I found with the ESL is the inability to set the overhang. None of my cartridges are even in the ballpark as far as alignment goes, and the mounting hole on the ROK is fixed unless I want to do some major surgery.

Pity, because I really wanted to use an ESL with my DL-103. :(

Hate to sound like a broken record but I hope you have some updates. I am in the middle of building a plinth for a Dual 1015 just for 45s and 78s with a Pickering V15 at2 just for fun. I see a lot of 78s at the thrift stores.

Seems to me if you want to use the DL-103 you are going to upgrade the arm on the ROKs and make some mods to the deck.

Hate to sound like a broken record but I hope you have some updates. I am in the middle of building a plinth for a Dual 1015 just for 45s and 78s with a Pickering V15 at2 just for fun. I see a lot of 78s at the thrift stores.

Seems to me if you want to use the DL-103 you are going to upgrade the arm on the ROKs and make some mods to the deck.

One of the two ROKs is getting the Grado arm for sure. I'm not sure what I'm doing with the other one right now....

I'd like to be able to use the DL-103, but right now I do not have a suitable arm. Too bad the ESL arms do not have adjustable overhang. :(

Tomorrow, the weather will be fairly warm for the season, and I'm going to take one of the ROKs outside and spray the top plate a dark metallic grey. That one will be going in the custom plinth that is being constructed right now by a fellow AK'er!

Back
Top Bottom