JVC does not get much respect

JVc.jpg APDC0009 copy 2.jpg I had one of there amps it sounded really good for what it was at the time. I moved it on though sorry about the Crud on it, It's a mixture of sun light and flashlight reflection and WD40, The photo at the time was not for public domain. Just a quick reference to someone to show what i was giving away to him. He was delighted with it BTW. still is from what can gather. JVC AXA -A372 - From memory I ran it into a pair of Monitor Audio S1 speakers. Yes I gave it Away.

Ps I Was quite surprised you can Bi -wire the amp and it has two tape loops.

Thanks

Last edited:
JVC 'Super Digifine' is top-notch (sadly, I've never heard it) but I've only had the misfortune of listening to their 80's and 90's black plastic gear and can't say I was impressed with anything I heard. I imagine their silver-faced gear could sound pretty good.

I have a JVC-vr5551 from maybe 1973, 50 watts and like it a lot. It's on the way out.
Just got a JVC-vr5660 from maybe 1974, 80 watts and like it a lot more.
I'm pleased nobody was feeling the love.

The king is dead ......long live the king.

Attachments

• P2210017.JPG
    P2210017.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 41
  • P3090001 (1).JPG
    P3090001 (1).JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Through taking a wild stab in the dark (which is what I'll get off the wife if I carry on buying stuff) on some JVC speakers, I have ended up buying a whole system for $70. I haven't collected it all yet, but I've got the two floor standing speakers (which I hope will turn out to be SK-1000ii), a receiver (silver face, unknown model) and 'lefty' tape deck (unknown model), silver face with soft touch controls.

I had a pair of SK-1000ii a while back that I refoamed, after finding them in the SA for $10. They were monsters and I instantly regretted selling them. I think, from the looks of the grills with the tapered bottoms, that these MIGHT be the same model but I know JVC made quite a lof of similar looking models back in the day. On the auction for the speakers, the seller mentioned they would be listing the amp and tape deck to go with them. I hit the 'buy now' for the speakers as they are literally round the corner from my house to collect, then I contacted the seller to ask if they would package the amp / tape all together and they agreed. Here's a pic or two (and they are NOT my pics - they are from the listing).....

764021219.jpg 764028252.jpg

Through taking a wild stab in the dark (which is what I'll get off the wife if I carry on buying stuff) on some JVC speakers, I have ended up buying a whole system for $70. I haven't collected it all yet, but I've got the two floor standing speakers (which I hope will turn out to be SK-1000ii), a receiver (silver face, unknown model) and 'lefty' tape deck (unknown model), silver face with soft touch controls.

I had a pair of SK-1000ii a while back that I refoamed, after finding them in the SA for $10. They were monsters and I instantly regretted selling them. I think, from the looks of the grills with the tapered bottoms, that these MIGHT be the same model but I know JVC made quite a lof of similar looking models back in the day. On the auction for the speakers, the seller mentioned they would be listing the amp and tape deck to go with them. I hit the 'buy now' for the speakers as they are literally round the corner from my house to collect, then I contacted the seller to ask if they would package the amp / tape all together and they agreed. Here's a pic or two (and they are NOT my pics - they are from the listing).....

View attachment 1160189 View attachment 1160190
Looks very promising and how convenient! It is meant to be!

JVC 'Super Digifine' is top-notch (sadly, I've never heard it) but I've only had the misfortune of listening to their 80's and 90's black plastic gear and can't say I was impressed with anything I heard. I imagine their silver-faced gear could sound pretty good.
The silver face gear, especially around 1980, was superb. Under the radar for the most part, which is good for us in the know.

Turns out, this is a complete (if the owner can find the turntable) JVC System 733 !! This means an R-S7 receiver, a KD-A33 cassette deck, pair of SK-1000ii (yay), a cabinet AND some LPs and tapes thrown in :)

I think this might be a restoration job which will eventually take a spot in our main family room - sweet.

733.jpg

Turns out, this is a complete (if the owner can find the turntable) JVC System 733 !! This means an R-S7 receiver, a KD-A33 cassette deck, pair of SK-1000ii (yay), a cabinet AND some LPs and tapes thrown in :)

I think this might be a restoration job which will eventually take a spot in our main family room - sweet.

View attachment 1160228
I thought that was the R-S7 receiver. Nice!

Very nice! Looks pristine! How's it sound?

The answer is, great ! Took a few rotations of the input select, balance, tape monitor and mono /stereo switch to get the sound coming out of both channels but we are all systems go now. I will get some contact cleaner in it later to do the job properly.

IMG_20180411_204109.jpg The R-S7 certainly sounds better than the SK-1000ii speakers. They are sad, sad, sad :-(

Urgently calling Dr Refoam !

Good morn
Just grab one of this cute little Victor AX-V1-N
Didnt know this Model at all and cant find any Info about this series guess sounds great
Someone can help?
Cheers
Wally

Last edited:
Nice.....

02 JVC-min.jpg

There's a little mention of it on thevintageknob but only in relation to the turntable it was paired with I think. Dual mono, very cool !

"JVC AX-V1 dual mono amplifier, JVC X-V1 20bitK2 CD player, JVC TD-V1 3 head cassette deck, JVC SX-V1 2 way loudspeaker. The front and top cover for all components is a one piece aluminium (like the PHILIPS mini 109) while the loudspeaker also has a metal front."

Taken from http://1001hifi.blogspot.co.nz/2016/

Back
Top Bottom