Jvc Jl B31 tt deployed

willyhere

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Finally got this one hooked up and played an album last night. It was made in the late 70s. Definitely an improvement over the turntables that I've had over the years (simple tonearms/cartridges, no tracking weight/anti-skate adjust, etc.). I realize that there are slews of better ones out there, but the $75 paid was well within my budget so I pulled the trigger.
It's a beauty - and I'm impressed with the build quality. I didn't hear a single noise until the needle was on the vinyl. Dead silence and then wonderful music. The Digitrac/Ortofon cartridge is in fine condition. The arm lifter mechanism is a thing of wonder. Very smooth and gentle. The strobe/pitch control is pretty cool. I like the simplicity of it all - no auto pick up. It engages you. I love it.
You see, I'm bucking the current trend these days - to make everything "on demand," portable, always accessible. I originally was planning to continue my playing vinyl just to record to my computer and then to cd for use in my car. With this baby, I'm carving some time out of my day, sitting down in my chair, and beginning the ritual that many of you practice on a regular basis. It's a moment in time, just me and my vinyl records - no recording necessary.
A very special thanks to the AKers who helped me out: JH with the manuals and recommendation, www.records and bohhey with cleaning up the mat. And of course all the others who I've learned from just by reading your postings. Thanks!

Attachments

• jlb31_1.jpg
    jlb31_1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 93
  • jlb31_2.jpg
    jlb31_2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 83
  • jlb31_3.jpg
    jlb31_3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 86
JVC b31

Have seen a couple of those on ebay and always been tempted. Yours looks like a beauty!
Mike

That's one of the best turntables in the world! Why? Because it made its owner love and want to collect vinyl! She's a beauty!

I know this is really old can you tell me where you got the manuals for the JL-B31 or let me know if you still have them?

If that's the digitrac 300 it's basically the om30. Very nice cartridge indeed

I know this is really old can you tell me where you got the manuals for the JL-B31 or let me know if you still have them?
Hey. Yeah old but still my primary turntable. I think I got the manual on Vinyl Engine. But do have it and can scan and email pages to you. Let me know. I love this turntable. Have had to rewire the RCA connects but no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom