JVC JR-S301 Stereo Indicator Hook-Up Question

Pioneer Vir

I've had a JVC JR-S301 receiver that I use in the garage for several years. It's always been missing the stereo indicator. Finally got my hands on one and I'm ready to hook it up. Based on the attached schematic it looks like it could / should be hooked up between pins 108 and 115 on the Tuner PC Board Assembly (TFM914GUA1) - roughly D2 on the schematic. Item #22 on the exploded view. Am I reading the schematic correctly? Thanks!

Don

Attachments

• JVC JR-S301 Schematic 1.jpg
    JVC JR-S301 Schematic 1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 9
  • JVC JR-S301 Exploded View 1.jpg
    JVC JR-S301 Exploded View 1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 8
That looks plausible.

Did it not physically have a bulb there, or was it just blown? My 301 came with a dead stereo lamp (among other faults). If there's just a dead bulb there, that would allow you to confirm the wiring.

A 5mm red LED is dirt cheap (less than 20 cents) and will be a perfect friction fit in the rubbery block that holds the light. I think I used a 680 ohm resistor in series with mine, and you do have to pay attention to polarity.

My JR-S301 didn't have the stereo indicator at all - it was completely missing. I have one now and installed it the other day along with a new lamp. What I'm looking for is the locations where I need to hook up the lamp wires. If you have a JR-S301 and can take the top off and look where the lamp wires are hooked up that would likely do it for me. Thanks!

Don

Still fighting this one with no success so far. Have a request - If anyone has a JR-SX01 would you mind popping the hood and telling me where the PLL Stereo indicator leads are hooked-up? Thanks!

Don

I just picked up a S201 so think it is basically the same just more power . Will take the top off again tomorrow and see what I can see for you , it's hooked up and playing now, pretty nice and gotta love the vibe look !!

Back
Top Bottom