JVC M-7050 Amp & P-L10 Pre Amp! Some Pics.

Wait a bit before stacking. These finishes take a surprisingly long time to fully cure.

Yeah, thanks
Wait a bit before stacking. These finishes take a surprisingly long time to fully cure.
Yeah, thanks Tim. Still smells a little but not stinking up the basement at least. It will be at least another week or so before the pre cab is done.

I'll second that.

Great job!
Thank you sol!
When I put the amp back into the cab, it was a great moment, even my wife thought it was gorgeous!
Weather should be dryer this week so I can continue on the pre cab. I'm stoked!

Gorgeous Glenn! Well worth the wait! :thumbsup:
Thanks SPL!!
The original "Rosewood" veneer is quite nice and I wish it would have been able to be refinished, but I like this better, more dramatic!
Cheers!
Glenn

I sprayed final spray coat of lacquer on the pre amp cab last night! Looks really good I must say! Thankfully the weather warmed up here in the N.E. the last couple of days which allowed the lacquer to flow out smooth.
It will need several days to dry out in the garage as it stinks and the smell lingers for a good week or so.
I needed to order these little black plastic rivets (thank you ds2000 for the link!) that hold down a plastic cover on the top rear corner of the pre amp before I can put it in the cabinet, so this will give the lacquer the time it needs to cure while I wait for the rivets to arrive from China.
Here's a few pics of the cabinet.
IMG_1797small.jpg IMG_1798small.jpg IMG_1799small.jpg IMG_1800small.jpg IMG_1801small.jpg

Last edited:
I sprayed final spray coat of lacquer on the pre amp cab last night! Looks really good I must say! Thankfully the weather warmed up here in the N.E. the last couple of days which allowed the lacquer to flow out smooth.
It will need several days to dry out in the garage as it stinks and the smell lingers for a good week or so.
I needed to order these little black plastic rivets (thank you ds2000 for the link!) that hold down a plastic cover on the top rear corner of the pre amp before I can put it in the cabinet, so this will give the lacquer the time it needs to cure while I wait for the rivets to arrive from China.
Here's a few pics of the cabinet.

Looks pretty great.

Today I finally completed this project and put the pre in it's cab. I had to sand and respray it as some wood grain revealed itself this past winter. I had to wait for warm weather to re shoot so the lacquer would flow smooth when spraying. Came out well and I'm now satisfied. I also made a new plastic cover that covers the output PC's. The original had a missing piece and was brittle from age. I used a plastic file folder holder and cut a new one. I'm anal like that!
A few pics.
Cheers, GlennIMG_3427.jpg IMG_3428.jpg IMG_3429.jpg IMG_3414.jpg IMG_3431.jpg IMG_3415.jpg IMG_3418.jpg IMG_3416.jpg IMG_3417.jpg IMG_3426.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful! You did a great job.

What's that big model car on the shelf? Static or RC?

Hey mang,

A huge congratulations for for your efforts, the little bugger is stunning! Feels good, huh?

Biggles
Thanks Doc!
It's been a long journey and and has come to a very satisfying conclusion. You gents have been great with helpful comments, encouragement and AKer Tom B getting the issues sorted out along the way.
Glenn

Back
Top Bottom