JVC Stereo Question

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by Sdynamics, Nov 14, 2017 at 7:51 AM.

1. Sdynamics

Sdynamics New Member

Hello just curious what this stereo would be worth. Its a JVC AX77 amplifier with a SEA R7 equalizer, also matching record player cant remember model number off hand. Couldnt find much about it. Any help appreciated.

2. dzkfraser

dzkfraser Active Member

From early 80's,If in good condition, I'd say you are in the $150-200 range(without the TT)

3. Sdynamics

Sdynamics New Member

4. markshan

markshan Sir Thrift a Lot Subscriber

90 WPC, but JVC stuff isn't as coveted as some brands. I would probably try to get $75 out of the receiver. EQ's have very little draw and it is impossible to valuate the table without more info. Part of the country you are in makes a difference as well for local sale.

5. goodolpg

goodolpg AK Member Subscriber

That's one of the JVC EQ's that seems to be desirable and actually brings in some $$ ($100-$150 approx.), depending on condition of course.
    Great shape, fully functional, original box, etc the EQ could be worth a little bit more.

6. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

I have a JVC AX-90VBK that I got with a Sansui TU417 tuner (what I was buying) and a pair of JBL L80T speakers for $75 for the lot. I sent the JVC with my daughter when she went to college, got it back when she graduated. It's now driving a pair of Electrovoice Dominators in my warehouse. That 120WPC sure can rattle my tin roof!

fishondwan and Sdynamics like this.
  7. Sdynamics

Sdynamics New Member

So if i sold it all for 200$ wouldn't be bad?

8. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Are you buying or selling?

edit - oops - didn't read carefully.

I'd say you would be doing exceptional to sell it for $200. Just my opinion.

markshan likes this.
  9. Sdynamics

Sdynamics New Member

Awesome thanks

markshan likes this.
  10. teal'c

teal'c It's all moo