jvc????

AUDITECH

got this today,sounds great,silver face,soft touch,cool vu meters.
what the heck,jvc ?why not

When they work properly they are lovely decks. I used to have the KD A77 (3 head) same VU, nice machine too.

IMO, JVC and Pioneer made some of the best looking decks between the 70's and 80's.

Sweet cassette deck...looks like new in the pic.

Back in the early '80s my dad had a 3-head JVC (forgot the model, but was their top of the line) with dark VU meters and the ARNS computerized noise reduction. It was laid out similar to your JVC, but the center was a series of multi-colored LEDs that showed the various steps involved the the ARNS process (I think). It was a superb deck that lasted him many years!

Good luck with your "new" deck.

It was laid out similar to your JVC, but the center was a series of multi-colored LEDs that showed the various steps involved the the ARNS process

Hi,
You are actually referring to the KD A8 or KD 8 (I don't remember now) Surprisingly it wasn't 3heads and you are right it was the top of the line the 3 head one was one step below on the line and it is the one I've mentioned on my previous post.

The leds in the center actually showed several things but the main function was to show you the "BEST" process which was an automatic bias adjustment. It was among the very few decks at that time offering a computarized bias adjustment.

I currently do have one of those, he, he...

Back
Top Bottom