Kansas city fall fest. official sign up thread & INFO

9 pounds of bone in pork roasting now. 10 pounds of ground chuck to season & cook off. The house smells wonderful. Can't wait to see you all here. Erin is making her homemade mexican restaurant rice in the morning. Any one who can should bring folding chairs as we may need them.

Thanks to BigElCat and Tox for their offer to replace the power cord on my preamp. With new cord on it we can safely put it through it's paces.

MrBill
Yay.

I won't look for the Kester, or bring the Hakko.

I have a dim bulb tester, and a variac if you want me bring those, say so here.

Otherwise, it'll just be me, and a veggie tray.

Eric,what speakers are those .... your always evolving ...... looks like you still have your marantz turntable though. Nice

Dunlavy Audio SC IV sigs. The TT is an Ariston RD40 with a Grado ref. platinum. Really lgd to see you here Tim. Any chance you can make it out?

Yay.

I brought the model 7 up on a variac about 4 months ago. I would bring a iron as i am not certain it wont be needed

Eric , I just saw this post today. My birthday is tomorrow and have plans already. Looks like fun. Maybe next time. I still have the spec1 I bought off you a few years back. The one with the rack mount ears shaved off. I am currently using it as a back up to my marantz 3800 that's in the shop.

Eric , I just saw this post today. My birthday is tomorrow and have plans already. Looks like fun. Maybe next time. I still have the spec1 I bought off you a few years back. The one with the rack mount ears shaved off. I am currently using it as a back up to my marantz 3800 that's in the shop.

happy birthday brother. you will be missed.

Tox and ElCat, Eric brought the Fisher tuner and the Marantz preamp up on a variac about 6 months ago. Tubes light up and sound comes out! I'm looking forward to hearing the Marantz with some of the amps and speakers that will be there tomorrow.

MrBill

Yay.

Wait I don't have a decent soldeing station, I'm bringing the strain relief doodad, we still need an iron!

I'll bring some soldering stuff, too.

I didn't realize we were hooking up systems.

I can bring audio components if anything is needed. Pre-amps, amps, ADS L720s. I'll leave these home, unless somebody has a request. I have a Music Hall DAC. CD players, etc.

Got to take a nap first, just got home from work.

I had a good time this afternoon. It was good to see old acquaintances again and to meet new people. I'm not sure how many decades has gone by since I saw that much Mc in one place; probably Accent Sound in the 70's. Thanks to Eric and Erin for a great time!

Thanks Eric and Erin.

The Mac room was easily one of the best sounding rooms I've ever experienced.

Bob's Marantz M-7 preamp made a very positive impression, as did Kurt's PA Audio Class D mono-blocks.

Tox's upgraded Klipsch 5.2 speakers are an astounding value. They're on my shopping list now.

4.2's, not to put too fine a point on it. ;) So glad people enjoy them as much as I do. The seem to be a speake a lot of people can like. Of cou se the veu fine amps divig them had something to do with it. Dang this keboad, two kes ae not woking again.

I had a geat time and a big thanks to the hosts! We'll come again when we can sta longe and eat moe!

Back
Top Bottom