Kappa 7

brunomarcs

I’ve pretty much obligated myself to purchase the set from a friend for 800 bucks. The carcasses are in like new condition, all components are original and appear to be in good shape, though he’s replaced the mids I’m pretty sure. Are these worth it in your guys opinion? I don’t know if you can make them out, and this ain’t my system believe me.

Attachments

• F21C3711-D9B6-48DC-A6AA-A94785E22E58.jpeg
    F21C3711-D9B6-48DC-A6AA-A94785E22E58.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 56
If they have been professionally restored. They would be worth purchasing at even a bigger number. IMO. I just restored a set about 6 plus months ago, accept for the Mid. If your going to need to refoam and have the polydome redomed by say Miller Sound. I would say that your in line with what I've been seeing on ebay and others places. I'm partial because I love my 7s. But I've seen recently kappa 8s running in that same price range. There is a set on marketplace right now in the Central PA area. Going that route, you would need to consider shipping costs .

I paid 185 for the pair I have, with perfect cabinets but needing new surrounds on the woofers and midrange domes crapped out. That was about 5 years ago in Iowa.

I paid 185 for the pair I have, with perfect cabinets but needing new surrounds on the woofers and midrange domes crapped out. That was about 5 years ago in Iowa.
Next time I'm looking to purchase speakers. I'm going to message you to help me find them.:) If a deal like that is found. I'm good with giving a hefty finders fee.:banana:

I’ve pretty much obligated myself to purchase the set from a friend for 800 bucks. The carcasses are in like new condition, all components are original and appear to be in good shape, though he’s replaced the mids I’m pretty sure. Are these worth it in your guys opinion? I don’t know if you can make them out, and this ain’t my system believe me.
Where are the kappas?a I see a pair of Apogees, that I'd take in a heartbeat, and another speaker that's familiar, but not infinity. (looks thiel or ...whathisname, transmission line )

So, if your getting apogees yes!

Where are the kappas?a I see a pair of Apogees, that I'd take in a heartbeat, and another speaker that's familiar, but not infinity. (looks thiel or ...whathisname, transmission line )

So, if your getting apogees yes!

Carver Amazings*, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah Bruce has Bob carver amazing’s he’s had the ribbons repaired, and then he has another smaller speaker don’t know what it is, then the Kappas are there. He has small pieces of tape on the floor to align each speaker when moved. The kappas are moved out now. He has a real nice setup and not a lot of money in it. All his stuff has been rebuilt and upgraded, perhaps some money in that part.

Hi All,

I’d like to make my Infinity 7Kappas bi-ampable. Looking at the crossover schematics, what would I need to do to make sure I do not compromise either the high end or low end?

I can’t really read a schematic but there seem to be only two things in the signal path for the woofer. Could I just build that simple setup for the woofers add a second set of speaker terminals for them and disconnect them from original crossover?

Please let me know thoughts. Thanks!

Brett

I can’t really read a schematic but there seem to be only two things in the signal path for the woofer. Could I just build that simple setup for the woofers add a second set of speaker terminals for them and disconnect them from original crossover?
Brett

Yep, that would work. Check out what are in your crossovers now, and just same size cap and inductor. All of them I have seen match the values in the schematic but apparently there are revisions out there.

Back
Top Bottom