KC area?

Guys, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it today. There's some BS going on at work that I need to tend to and, on top of that, I feel like I'm getting flu symptoms. :(

Hope you're all having fun and, I hope to catch you next time!

Thanks everyone for showing up and making it a success. What's cool is that everyone contributes something. Didn't even have to have a garden hose ready for Tox! We got a few pics so maybe we can post a few of them tomorrow.

Hey Kurt
Thanks for hosting the get together Saturday. I had a good time . Met some new folks and saw/listened to some great gear. Thanks again and yeah I'd like to see some photos. Eric

Well, I took some photos, but I can't figure how to post photos here anymore...

Anyway, it was good to see you all again.

Tox, let me know how you like that NAD tuner and the NUVO amp - money back if you don't like 'em, but remember the amp was free.

BTW, to whoever gave me the Dual turntable, it looks like it's repairable - thanks again!

Kurt, I'll let you know about that Sony unit as soon as I get a new AC plug on it...and thanks again!

Well, I took some photos, but I can't figure how to post photos here anymore...
Look below at the 'post box'. Next to the 'post reply' button, there's one that says 'upload a file'. Click that one.

A box will pop up. Hover the cursor over the white part that says 'choose a file'. For some reason the cursor doesn't change to a hand, it stays an arrow.

It works anyway, even though, it doesn't change shape. Leave the arrow on the white 'choose a file', and left click the mouse.

You have to find to your picture files the first time you use it. After that it will remember the location.

It loads slower that the old format, but the pictures come out larger.

It was good to see you, and Missus Splat, too.

A bit slow on the followup, my Sunday was chuck full. A great time was had by all. I only got a couple of pics myself.

Mrs. Splat, GuyOrnes and BigElCat listening.

image1.JPG

Kurt had a pair of DQ-10's sitting around which were a delight. Those old Infinities in the back were OK I guess. :rflmao: Seriously, they were outstanding.

IMG_0537.JPG
Mid/tweeter towers driven by tubes and the bottom by a gigantic Parasound SS amp. Not too shabby. :thumbsup:

The Atlantics did pretty well in the garage, so well that I'm thinking about converting my living room into a garage. Or maybe it was just the Parasound amp. ;)

We missed everybody who couldn't make it, hope to see you all next time.

Thanks again for your hospitality and generosity Kurtgo! And post that pic we shot in the garage. :p

Splat: I'll get that tuner hooked up asap, thanks again. And it was D-Ray I think who was donating gear in need of TLC. I got two pieces myself, which I need like a hole in the head. But as long as they're not in the scrap heap it's all good. :bigok:

I've spent several hours researching Atlantis Oracle 3 made by Atlantic. (A Team Electronics house brand).

I haven't found much information. They have Becker drivers, Becker started in Germany and made OEM car stereos for Mercedes Benz.

Then Becker had a factory in upstate New York, they made drivers and maybe some home speakers, but not for Atlantic.

Anyhow, Tox had a pair of Oracle 3s set up. They're really interesting. Baffleless design for the mids and tweets. Open sounding and smooth.

I can't find much history on Team Electronics either. They were a franchise wing of the Dayton group. Target stores appear to be the big arm of the Dayton group.

Most of what I learned about the Atlantics was here on AK. There have been posts by at least two people who worked at Team stores, and one who worked at Becker.

Tox, I thought your speakers sounded great and they definitely got a work out on the Mickey Hart song.
Great to meet all of you.
Kurt, thanks again for letting us do it at your house.

Thanks Guy, glad people liked em. One good thing about getting with other audio enthusiasts is to find out whether the gear you like sounds good to anyone else and vice versa. It's not always a match because everyone's ears and tastes are different, but it's nice to know that when you think, "Hey I bet the gang would like this", you're not crazy. :biggrin:

We should have taken those Baby Advents indoors (were those BigElCat's?). I bet they would have sounded better in a different space.

What's up y'all. I've had a few exchanges with some of you but would be up for a meet at some point! Just getting back into vinyl after a hiatus. I'm in Prairie Village KS. My brother in Roeland Park and his buddy in Lawrence would also probably be interested!

Back
Top Bottom