Keep,Discard or Change Daylight Savings Time?

Please select..

• Keep the current system: continue changing clocks twice a year..

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Continue but change it so that the split between DST and Standard Time is approximately the same..

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Stop changing the clocks. Stay on Standard Time (fall back and dont spring forward again)

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • Stop changing the clocks. Stay on Daylight Savings Time (spring forward and dont fall back again)

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • Stop changing the clocks. Compromise and stay halfway between current Standard and DST

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
I don't like seeing the kids in the dark. It's bad enough in the winter months. Why subject them to it in the Spring?

Setting the clocks in the middle of both time zones, then leaving them be makes the most sense. Not like it’s a big deal...

Caught a talk show on the CBS with some expert in time and the affects that cause problems in humans, and he went into detail how/why the changing of the clocks actually caused negative things to happen. Some of his findings made sense, some I thought were debatable. Often the type of work you do amplifies the affects.
Overall, this pundit of time was wholly against the time changes, saying that accidents, and mood swings, with the loss of sleep was typical for some.

Q

I hate DST... I'm not a morning person anyway and the spring time change kills me.
I would think you would like DST. If you're not a morning person, then the later sunrise would be to your advantage. Change to DST year around and enjoy later sunsets.

Living so far from the equator, winters can be a real dark place. It's not uncommon for me to leave the house in the morning around 7:30am in the dark and come home around 5pm in the dark. I would love to have an extra hour of daylight in the evenings during winter. The complaint of not having kids waiting for the bus in the morning in the dark is pretty much a given no matter what time we're on here during the winters around here. And everyone I know around here would rather a tiny bit of extra afternoon daylight during the dark wet winters.

I would think you would like DST. If you're not a morning person, then the later sunrise would be to your advantage. Change to DST year around and enjoy later sunsets.

Nah, it works the opposite for me at least. My alarm goes off at 6:30 and my body and brain both say "(redacted) you crazy person, it's 5:30 AM! This is cruel and unusual punishment!" When the sun rises when or before my alarm goes off, I'm less inclined to be miserable about it.

Even though I spring forward a whole lot better than falling back I’d settle for picking one of the damn things and sticking with it.

Back
Top Bottom