Kegger and Cosmos, Festivities!

I talked to Rob yesterday and he agreed to bring over his Atmospher OTLs to power them. Could be a very good combo.

Mark and Ray,

My sincerest apologies to you both and anyone else we may have disturbed late at night with loud music. Frankly, I thought we were fairly safe with the lobby below us and listening rooms all around us. I wasn't aware there were sleeping rooms close by. Further, security came by several times and never mentioned any complaints...

Heh, I was just giving you guys some crap. No apologies necessary. I fully understand the fest attitude and never once thought about trying to shut you down. It's all about having some fun for a weekend. However, I did curse Newman once. He left my room at about 3am after playing a song from his iphone. He said he was going to bed and about a half hour later I heard the song coming from your room. I just grinned, called him a few choice names, and rolled over and passed out. :D

For the record, I was saving a few bucks by sleeping in my listening room.

Whoowhoo!

Real SMAC or Mini SMAC?

I think Jeff has someone on the hook for June so it might be a mini SMAC. Which in this case might be better if we want to do some critical listening. Jeff is waiting to hear for the person that volunteered for the June meeting. Really does not matter to me.

Keg, Yep, they will be Bi-amped so yes we need more amps.....

Count me in for a mini meet. Loved the speakers and would love to spend some more time with them.

Hey Mike, Hope to have the Luxman tube crossover up and running by then. I still have yet to recieve the manual I ordered but it should be here by months end.

I got a BBE coming. Same one Dave was using in our room. Going to play with the garage 9846's

Suddenly I feel like I am in a class in High School called "Piss on Passives!!" that I am miserably failing.......

Last edited:
Suddenly I feel like I am in a class in High School called "Piss on Passives!!" that I am miserably failing.......

On my main system, I went active within the last year or so. I will never, ever go back for several reasons. I like to change things around in the system. Active crossover technology allows far more flexibility than passive and I believe a better sounding system. The only downside is needing more cables and amps and the space they require... Currently and at the fest, I was using a Behringer DCX-2496 3 way stereo crossover. Not only is it extremely flexible, but it can be remotely controlled by a PC via USB to Serial cable.

I agree with Cosmos, I'd never go back to playing with crossovers, I'm just having way too much fin with the BBE DS26. :D

Back
Top Bottom