1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenwood Kl-7080

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by kfa888, Jul 18, 2005.

1. kfa888

kfa888 Addicted Member

KENWOOD KL-7080 speakers...

Crap?

Not Crap?

Thanks.

2. mmcdaniel69

mmcdaniel69 Active Member

I have a pair. They were given to me a few years back. I use a Onkyo A-SV210 amp with 100 watts RMS p/ch. I've been happy with them. They don't have a "boomy" bass, and the mid/highs are clear. I like the capability of the switch on the back which allows you to control the higher frequencies, along with my integra EQ I'm able to get whatever sound I need.
    Crisp speakers.
    I know this isn't very technical, I can only report what my ears allow!:thmbsp:

3. Celt

Celt A plaid kind of fellow... Super Mod

There ya go Kelly, it took four years, but somebody responded! :)

4. Aldo

Aldo Show me the silver!!

All I can say is they sure must be rare speakers!! :scratch2:

5. mmcdaniel69

mmcdaniel69 Active Member

Thats funny, I did a search to see if I could find out anything about my speakers and didn't realize how old the post was!:D

6. kneeOhFight

kneeOhFight Addicted Member

Hehe..I did that a couple of times myself, digging up threads form long ago, not realizing it...seems if fsomeone wasn't supposed to respond to such posts, the thread would be closed. anyway....:D

what do you think of that Onkyo unit you describe using, mmcdaniel69? A guy is trying to sell me one this morning, and I'm studyin on buying it..:scratch2:

7. Kohl

Kohl Builder

Well, may as well keep this thread alive, not much out there either neg or pos regarding the Kenwood KL-7080. I picked up a pair in "almost" mint condition, had them hooked up initially to a 150 watt Carver AVR100 with a NAK LX-5 and Rotel 950, CD did not sound good, cassette sounded better so I decided to relocate speakers upstairs and run them via Sansui 881. Big change, and for the good, I would have to say, the Kenwood's sound much better through solid state. Sansui delivers much more punch at the lower end really helping the big woofers. I will run with the Sansui for a few days to tune my ears to this match and then swap the Sansui with the Kenwood KR-9400. Stay tuned for the KW and KW match up.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  8. kerrytat2

kerrytat2 Super Member

I have had my pair running off a Sansui G-3000 for weeks now and I am impressed with the punch these have with the volume at about 2,mostly with an ONKYO tape deck and an ELAC turntable.I believe this Sansui is less than 30 watts on a good day,yet there is volume to spare.Very good Hendrix speakers if you know what I mean.