Kenwood KR-100 Receiver

Hi....ik this is an old post but how did it sound when it worked? I have a great sounding sansui 4000 receiver from about that same year. Mostly discreet components used then so im guessing that kenwood might sound very nice too. The $299 retail in 1969 tells me it was pretty high end.

It sounded very nice when it was working. I sold it for as-is for repair and the buyer fixed it and was happy with it also.

This is one of my favorite receivers that I've collected. I'd say fairly high end for 1969. Mine was rough off eBay and arrived DOA but the DeOxit slowly resucitated it. It has power and a really nice delicate touch and channel separation. But it's an early model so harder to find out info on. Mine runs about 200 degrees hot however. I fixed that by putting a computer fan on top which dissipates all the heat. Does anybody else notice high heat output from this model or is this a likely problem. It is in need of some rebuilt components as time goes on here. But I really like the look and wish I could rely on it more.

Back
Top Bottom