Kenwood KR-6340 help?

UncleBingo

Kenwood KR 6340 on the bench - part of the Two-Four series (Stereo/Quad).

This unit stays in protection. I have tested with each one of the two power amps separately, and both amps installed together- still stays in protect.

DC measured at the relay is 42mv on one side and 240mv on the other side.

Zero volts on the relay coil.

If I manually actuate the relay: Music!

I replaced Q1-Q6 on the board- but due to the silly icon Kenwood used when they silk-screened the transistor marks on the board, I'm not sure what signifies EBC...
I have gone to the schematic and sussed out proper leg orientation by back-checking against the original transistor leg orientation (Example: 2SA733 is ECB >KSA992 is ECB, so I put the new transistors in the same way). Q1 was replaced before I got the amp, so I'm flying a little blind on that one based on the silk-screened icon on the circuit board; No arrow, no clearly marked base... argh.

Can any of the resident Kenwood experts chime in on this one?

The other thing I noticed was a BUNCH of 2SC458 on the SQ decoder board (like 10 of them) I have every intention of replacing them, but I'd like to get the amp running (unless these are likely puking up the works...)

Your base connection appears correct. However, the lead you identified as "E" should be the collector. On older TO-39 metal can cases the collector was also the case.

Back
Top Bottom