Kenwood KRA-5060 (1994) 4ohm capable

CDELON

I have had this receiver for a few years. It is one of the few Kenwood Receivers that has a switch on the back to take on those vintage 4ohm speakers. It performs and it has plenty of juice to destabalize the walls of a room.lol If you find one? Grab it ! $$$$For a new 4ohm capable reciever in today's market.$$$$

Last edited:
I don't wanna burst your bubble and I readily admit I'm not familiar with your particular receiver. That said, generally speaking this era of receiver with a speaker impedance switch typically lower the current output so as not to damage the amp when driving lower loads. So while it may be capable of 4 ohms, it could likely come with some amount of compromise.

Bubble not bursted. I have a amp with good sound that has been handling 4ohm and 6ohm speakers at considerable volume for years now. And not concerned about it frying. And it only cost me 50 dollars a few years back. Posted the thread to let people know that this was a option at low cost for those low impedence speakers they may have sitting around.

Back
Top Bottom